India-bound Nissan Kicks SUV: Features and specifications
Nissan might not have had a smooth sailing India but that is not stopping the brand from venturing into newer segments. The Japanese car manufacturer will be launching the Nissan Kicks next year. It will be positioned above the Terrano and will compete with Mahindra XUV500 and the Renault Captur in India. The Nissan Kicks crossover was launched last year in Rio de Janeiro as the official automobile of the Summer Olympics. The Kicks gets Nissan's signature V-shaped grille with wraparound headlights and tail lights. The India-spec Nissan Kick will retain the same design as the Brazilian model.
The feature list of the Nissan Kicks in India will be more premium than the one offered in the Nissan Terrano. It will with a 7.0-inch infotainment system with CarPlay and Android Auto connectivity options. It will also get a digital instrument cluster along with automatic climate control.
The powertrain, however, will be same that is the 1.5-liter K9K Diesel engine. If Nissan Kicks carries the same state of tune or makes it more powerful is something that we need to see. To make it price competitively against the competition in India, the Nissan Kicks will based on the same platform as the Duster and Lodgy.
Although, the international model is based on the V platform, using the same might proved to be an expensive option. The Nissan Kicks SUV will be manufactured at the company's Chennai plant in Oragadam. To make it price competitively against the competition in India, the Nissan Kicks will be based on the same platform as the Duster and Lodgy. The Nissan Kicks SUV will battle it out with the Tata Hexa, Renault Captur, Jeep Compass and Hyundai Creta in India.
Starts Rs 9.29 Lakhs
Starts Rs 14.95 Lakhs
Starts Rs 12.25 Lakhs
Starts Rs 9.99 Lakhs
Starts Rs 10 Lakhs
Starts Rs 11.72 Lakhs
Team OD | 12 Feb 2018
Team OD | 19 Feb 2018
- NewsWRC 2018: Hyundai's Thierry Neuville victorious at Rally Sweden
- NewsImage gallery: Honda Clarity fuel cell FCV
- NewsImage gallery: Yamaha M-Slaz
- NewsImage gallery: TVS Creon concept
- NewsMaharashtra government announces tax exemption for electric vehicles
- News2018 Toyota Yaris Cross hatchback details revealed
- NewsPorsche to invest $ 7.4 billion by 2022 towards electric vehicles
- NewsImage gallery: TVS Apache RTR 200 Fi Ethanol
- NewsImage gallery: Mahindra Thar Wanderlust SUV at the 2018 Auto Expo
- NewsImage gallery: Honda Sports EV concept at the Auto Expo 2018