India-bound Nissan Kicks SUV: Features and specifications
Nissan might not have had a smooth sailing India but that is not stopping the brand from venturing into newer segments. The Japanese car manufacturer will be launching the Nissan Kicks next year. It will be positioned above the Terrano and will compete with Mahindra XUV500 and the Renault Captur in India. The Nissan Kicks crossover was launched last year in Rio de Janeiro as the official automobile of the Summer Olympics. The Kicks gets Nissan's signature V-shaped grille with wraparound headlights and tail lights. The India-spec Nissan Kick will retain the same design as the Brazilian model.
The feature list of the Nissan Kicks in India will be more premium than the one offered in the Nissan Terrano. It will with a 7.0-inch infotainment system with CarPlay and Android Auto connectivity options. It will also get a digital instrument cluster along with automatic climate control.
The powertrain, however, will be same that is the 1.5-liter K9K Diesel engine. If Nissan Kicks carries the same state of tune or makes it more powerful is something that we need to see. To make it price competitively against the competition in India, the Nissan Kicks will based on the same platform as the Duster and Lodgy.
Although, the international model is based on the V platform, using the same might proved to be an expensive option. The Nissan Kicks SUV will be manufactured at the company's Chennai plant in Oragadam. To make it price competitively against the competition in India, the Nissan Kicks will be based on the same platform as the Duster and Lodgy. The Nissan Kicks SUV will battle it out with the Tata Hexa, Renault Captur, Jeep Compass and Hyundai Creta in India.
Starts Rs 9.5 Lakhs
Starts Rs 15.35 Lakhs
Starts Rs 12.39 Lakhs
Starts Rs 9.99 Lakhs
Starts Rs 10 Lakhs
Starts Rs 12.57 Lakhs
- NewsINRC 2018: Popular Rally in Kochi to see three-way champonship tussle
- NewsDucati enters pre-owned motorcycle segment in India with Ducati Approved
- FeaturesTata Harrier: Things you will like
- NewsMcLaren commissions six special edition cars to celebrate racing heritage
- FeaturesOverview: Tata Harrier's OMEGA architecture
- NewsBookings open for the 2019 Nissan Kicks SUV
- NewsJawa Jawa and Jawa Forty-Two video: Exhaust note, top speed, design and features explained
- ReviewJawa Jawa first ride review
- NewsLive updates: Jawa Jawa and Jawa Forty-Two ridden in India
- News2019 Yamaha Saluto RX 110, Saluto 125 UBS launched in India at Rs 52,000