India-bound Suzuki Ignis specifications leaked
At the 2016 Auto Expo, Maruti Suzuki will be showcasing the Ignis, a compact SUV which when launched will rival the new Mahindra KUV100 and the Hyundai Grand i10. Just a few weeks ahead of its global launch, the specifications of the Suzuki Ignis have been leaked online.
The Suzuki Ignis, in global markets, will be powered by a 1.25-litre Dualjet petrol engine that produces 91PS. It will get Suzuki's SHVS mild hybrid technology and a 3.1PS electric motor. The Ignis will be offered with two-wheel drive as standard. However, buyers will also get the option of Suzuki's AllGrip four-wheel-drive system.
The Suzuki Ignis has a 2,435 mm wheelbase and measures 3,700mm in length, 1,660mm in width and 1,595 mm in height. It gets a reasonable boot space of 258 litres that can be increased to 415 litres.
In terms of features, the Suzuki Ignis will get a climate control system and an audio system with Bluetooth and USB compatibility. The cabin will offer a lot of storage spaces while the rear seats can be adjusted by 165mm to enhance the available legroom.
In India, the Maruti Ignis is expected to come with familiar 1.2-litre petrol and 1.3-litre diesel engines from the Swift, with the option of automatic as well as manual transmissions.
Starts Rs 4.98 Lakhs
Starts Rs 4.89 Lakhs
- NewsHyundai reveals the Elantra N Line with 204PS and even sharper looks
- NewsDetailed interior shots of next-gen Mercedes-Benz S-Class preview its game-changing cabin
- NewsSupreme Court allows registration of BSIV vehicles sold before lockdown
- Review2020 Tata Altroz diesel road test review
- NewsMaruti Suzuki Alto crosses 40 lakh sales milestone