India-bound Suzuki Ignis specifications leaked
At the 2016 Auto Expo, Maruti Suzuki will be showcasing the Ignis, a compact SUV which when launched will rival the new Mahindra KUV100 and the Hyundai Grand i10. Just a few weeks ahead of its global launch, the specifications of the Suzuki Ignis have been leaked online.
The Suzuki Ignis, in global markets, will be powered by a 1.25-litre Dualjet petrol engine that produces 91PS. It will get Suzuki's SHVS mild hybrid technology and a 3.1PS electric motor. The Ignis will be offered with two-wheel drive as standard. However, buyers will also get the option of Suzuki's AllGrip four-wheel-drive system.
The Suzuki Ignis has a 2,435 mm wheelbase and measures 3,700mm in length, 1,660mm in width and 1,595 mm in height. It gets a reasonable boot space of 258 litres that can be increased to 415 litres.
In terms of features, the Suzuki Ignis will get a climate control system and an audio system with Bluetooth and USB compatibility. The cabin will offer a lot of storage spaces while the rear seats can be adjusted by 165mm to enhance the available legroom.
In India, the Maruti Ignis is expected to come with familiar 1.2-litre petrol and 1.3-litre diesel engines from the Swift, with the option of automatic as well as manual transmissions.
Starts Rs 4.59 Lakhs
Starts Rs 4.66 Lakhs
- OpinionOn OVERDRIVE turning twenty...
- Review2018 Lexus ES 300h first drive review
- NewsThe OVERDRIVE 24 Hours Performance Run is coming your way this weekend
- NewsFerrari lays out plans till 2022, will build 'Purosangue' SUV
- News2019 Suzuki Katana to be unveiled on October 2 at the Intermot show
- News2018 Mercedes-Benz C-Class launched in India at Rs 40 lakh
- NewsNew-gen Honda CR-V to be launched in India on October 9
- NewsLive updates: 2018 Mercedes-Benz C-Class facelift India launch
- NewsImage gallery: Mercedes-AMG A35 revealed
- NewsMercedes-AMG A35 hot hatchback revealed ahead of Paris Motor Show