Suzuki S-Cross diesel gets a twin clutch automatic gearbox
The Suzuki S-Cross has got a new twin clutch automatic gearbox. The crossover which will be unveiled in its India-spec a few hours from now, has just received this update for the UK market.
The Suzuki S-Cross sold globally comes with petrol and diesel engines. However, the Twin Clutch System by Suzuki or TCSS as they call it will make it only to the diesel 4WD variant. The 6-speed transmission is actually an AMT which is actuated by two hydraulic clutches. The system is similar to VW's DSG boxes and is expected to be devoid of the jerky nature of regular AMTs.
The engine of choice, as discussed before is the 120PS/320Nm diesel motor sourced from Fiat. The fuel efficiency for the S-Cross with AMT is less than its manual counterpart. The AMT version weighs a little more as well.
Maruti Suzuki will be unveiling the crossover today for the Indian market. Stay tuned for more.
Team OD | 22 Aug 2019
- NewsKTM 790 Duke spotted in India - official bookings likely to open on September 5
- News40,618 Maruti Suzuki WagonR 1.0-litre recalled in India
- NewsHyundai teases new EV concept - will be showcased at the 2019 Frankfurt Motor Show
- NewsSmartphone-based motorcycle navigation application Recky launched by CS Santosh
- NewsGoodyear launches two new range of tyres for cars and SUVs in India