Suzuki S-Cross diesel gets a twin clutch automatic gearbox
The Suzuki S-Cross has got a new twin clutch automatic gearbox. The crossover which will be unveiled in its India-spec a few hours from now, has just received this update for the UK market.
The Suzuki S-Cross sold globally comes with petrol and diesel engines. However, the Twin Clutch System by Suzuki or TCSS as they call it will make it only to the diesel 4WD variant. The 6-speed transmission is actually an AMT which is actuated by two hydraulic clutches. The system is similar to VW's DSG boxes and is expected to be devoid of the jerky nature of regular AMTs.
The engine of choice, as discussed before is the 120PS/320Nm diesel motor sourced from Fiat. The fuel efficiency for the S-Cross with AMT is less than its manual counterpart. The AMT version weighs a little more as well.
Maruti Suzuki will be unveiling the crossover today for the Indian market. Stay tuned for more.
- NewsKia Sonet launched: Top 10 segment-first features
- NewsKia Sonet India launch: Prices and variant-wise features explained
- News2020 Kia Sonet price comparison vs Hyundai Venue, Maruti Suzuki Brezza and Tata Nexon
- NewsKia Sonet launched in India, prices start from Rs 6.71 lakh
- NewsLive updates: Kia Sonet India launch, prices, specs, details, variants, engines and features unveiled