India bound third gen Honda Jazz hybrid hatchback will debut at the 2019 Tokyo Motor Show
The recent spy shots of the Honda Jazz Hybrid also known as the Honda Fit have been surfacing the net - And the car on test convinces us that it is ready in its production avatar. That said, for its third instalment, the Jazz is jazzed up with a new platform and a new drivetrain.
The Third generation hatchback is expected to be built on a new platform which will also underpin the soon expected fifth generation Honda City. The new platform is in regard to a new mild hybrid drivetrain. Seems like the Honda Jazz will follow the footsteps of the Maruti Suzuki Baleno and will be all set to be unveiled before the BS VI emission norms kick in on April 1, 2020. Also to keep in mind, the stringent safety norms that will come in play from October 1, this year.
"We will expand the application of i-MMD 2-motor hybrid system to the entire lineup of Honda vehicles. In addition to the i-MMD hybrid system, we have developed a new, more compact i-MMD hybrid system suitable for small-sized vehicles. This small-sized i-MMD hybrid system will be adopted first by the all-new Fit (Honda Jazz) which we are planning to exhibit as a world premiere at the Tokyo Motor Show this autumn." Said, Takahiro Hachigo, CEO, Honda Motor Company.
The third generation Honda Jazz is expected to debut in the last quarter of 2019 as the 2020 model and will come to the Indian markets early next year. The bump in price could be around Rs 50,000 and the expected Ex-showroom cost could be between Rs 8-10 lakh. The new hybrid hatchback will rival the Maruti Suzuki Baleno, Volkswagen Polo and the Hyundai Elite i20.
Image Source -Ferd
Starts Rs 7.35 Lakhs
Starts Rs 8.77 Lakhs
Starts Rs 5.43 Lakhs
Starts Rs 5.55 Lakhs
Starts Rs 5.7 Lakhs
- News2019 Mahindra Bolero spotted with safety upgrades
- NewsImage Gallery: Suzuki Gixxer SF 250 launched for Rs 1.70 lakh in India
- NewsBreaking - Suzuki Gixxer 250 naked motorcycle coming to India in third quarter of 2019
- News2019 Toyota Glanza hatchback partly revealed in new teaser
- News2019 Suzuki Gixxer SF facelift launched in India for Rs 1.09 Lakh
- Wedding Photography Symposium
- Sony Better Photography Wedding Photographer of the Year 2018-19 Awards Night
- Sony BP WPOY 2018-19: Top 10 in The Joy of Light by Photoquip