India bound third-generation Toyota Corolla scores five stars in Euro NCAP
The international 2019 Toyota Corolla, which will effectively be the third generation car when it comes to India, has scored full marks in safety test conducted by Euro NCAP. The International spec Corolla scored 95 per cent in adult occupant and 84 per cent in child occupancy. The Corolla also gets 86 per cent for pedestrian safety and 77 per cent for the safety equipment onboard.
The 2019 Corolla in the international market comes equipped with front and side airbags along with knee and curtain airbags. More features in the safety list were AEB Pedestrian, AEB Cyclist, AEB City, AEB Inter-urban, Speed Assistance, Lane Assist System. That said, the India spec car could miss out on some safety features seen on the international model.
This makes the Toyota Corolla compliant to the safety norm that will be imposed in India from October 1, 2019. Expect the third generation car to be launched in India by the first quarter of 2020 and will go against the Skoda Octavia, Honda Civic and the soon to be expected 2020 Hyundai Elantra.
Starts Rs 17.72 Lakhs
Starts Rs 13.29 Lakhs
Starts Rs 15.99 Lakhs
- NewsNew Castrol POWER1 engine oil range launched in India, offers smoother performance and higher efficiency
- NewsRenault to end production of diesel cars by 2020 - to focus on locally manufacturing EVs by 2022
- NewsImage gallery: 2019 Kia Seltos unveiled in India
- News2019 Kia Seltos SUV offers six airbags, bounty of safety features and a terrain management system!
- News2019 Kia Seltos SUV to offer 1.4 turbo BSVI petrol and three automatic transmission options!