India-bound Toyota Corolla facelift unveiled
Toyota has officially unveiled the Corolla facelift which will go on sale across Europe this summer. The Toyota Corolla facelift is expected to reach our shores sometime in 2017.
The carmaker says that the Corolla facelift sports a wider stance, has new alloys and features its 'Under Priority and Keen Look' design language. It also gets a redesigned grille, front bumper and headlamps with LED DRLs. It retains the same side profile as the current version but the door handles have received a chrome finish. At the back, it gets new LED lamps.
Apart from these cosmetic updates, no mechanical changes are expected. It is likely to retain the 1.8-litre petrol and the 1.4-litre diesel engines for the Indian market. While a 6-speed manual transmission will be standard for both the engines, the petrol will also get an option of a 7-speed e-CVT.
The Toyota Corolla facelift will be offered in three new colours including Platinum Bronze, Tokyo Red and Earth Bronze. In certain international markets, it will come equipped with Toyota Safety Sense as standard which includes Pre-Collision System, Lane Departure Alert, Road Sign Assist and Automatic High Beam. Toyota says that this system works by processing the information given by a windscreen mounted unit which houses a laser and a camera.
- NewsNew Maruti Suzuki Ertiga features detailed in new video
- News2018 Suzuki GSX-S750 launched in India at Rs 7.45 lakh
- NewsRange Rover Velar SVR spotted testing at the Nurburgring
- FeaturesThis might just be India's quickest accelerating Maruti Suzuki Swift!
- FeaturesAuxiliary lights for motorcycles: Everything that you should know
- NewsPirelli inaugurates its first tyre centre in Vadodara
- NewsFormula E: Jaguar I-PACE eTROPHY racecar to debut at Berlin ePrix
- NewsSkoda Kamiq unveiled before Auto China 2018 debut
- NewsTVS holds its first event for the south chapter of the Apache owners group
- Review2018 Suzuki GSX-S750 first ride review