India-bound Toyota Corolla facelift unveiled
Toyota has officially unveiled the Corolla facelift which will go on sale across Europe this summer. The Toyota Corolla facelift is expected to reach our shores sometime in 2017.
The carmaker says that the Corolla facelift sports a wider stance, has new alloys and features its 'Under Priority and Keen Look' design language. It also gets a redesigned grille, front bumper and headlamps with LED DRLs. It retains the same side profile as the current version but the door handles have received a chrome finish. At the back, it gets new LED lamps.
Apart from these cosmetic updates, no mechanical changes are expected. It is likely to retain the 1.8-litre petrol and the 1.4-litre diesel engines for the Indian market.While a 6-speed manual transmission will be standard for both the engines, the petrol will also get an option of a 7-speed e-CVT.
The Toyota Corolla facelift will be offered in three new colours including Platinum Bronze, Tokyo Red and Earth Bronze. In certain international markets, it will come equipped with Toyota Safety Sense as standard which includes Pre-Collision System, Lane Departure Alert, Road Sign Assist and Automatic High Beam. Toyota says that this system works by processing the information given by a windscreen mounted unit which houses a laser and a camera.
- NewsMotoGP 2018: Marc Marquez wins the World Championship
- ReviewSuzuki V-Strom 650 XT ABS first ride review
- NewsMG Motor India's first launch: Everything we know
- NewsVolkswagen Passat with Connect app launched at Rs 25.99 lakh
- News2019 Hyundai Santro spotted in top-spec Asta trim
- NewsHero Destini 125cc scooter to launch on October 22
- NewsChinese carmaker Great Wall Motors to enter India by 2021-22
- NewsImage gallery: New BMW X7 SUV
- NewsSkoda Kodiaq GT coupe-SUV unveiled for China
- News2019 BMW X7 SUV unveiled internationally