India-bound Toyota Corolla facelift unveiled
Toyota has officially unveiled the Corolla facelift which will go on sale across Europe this summer. The Toyota Corolla facelift is expected to reach our shores sometime in 2017.
The carmaker says that the Corolla facelift sports a wider stance, has new alloys and features its 'Under Priority and Keen Look' design language. It also gets a redesigned grille, front bumper and headlamps with LED DRLs. It retains the same side profile as the current version but the door handles have received a chrome finish. At the back, it gets new LED lamps.
Apart from these cosmetic updates, no mechanical changes are expected. It is likely to retain the 1.8-litre petrol and the 1.4-litre diesel engines for the Indian market. While a 6-speed manual transmission will be standard for both the engines, the petrol will also get an option of a 7-speed e-CVT.
The Toyota Corolla facelift will be offered in three new colours including Platinum Bronze, Tokyo Red and Earth Bronze. In certain international markets, it will come equipped with Toyota Safety Sense as standard which includes Pre-Collision System, Lane Departure Alert, Road Sign Assist and Automatic High Beam. Toyota says that this system works by processing the information given by a windscreen mounted unit which houses a laser and a camera.
- NewsBREAKING: BMW R 18 Cruiser arrives in India, launch by the end of September 2020
- NewsJuly 2020 automotive retail sales still 36 per cent less YoY
- ReviewExclusive comparison test: 2020 Skoda Karoq vs VW T-Roc
- NewsMaserati Ghibli and Quattroporte Trofeo pack 580PS V8 under the hood
- NewsKawasaki Versys 650 BSVI launched in India at Rs. 6.79 lakh