India-bound Volkswagen T-Cross SUV to be globally revealed on October 25
Volkswagen is set for the global reveal of its smallest SUV, the T-Cross on October 25. It will also be showcased later in November at the Sao Paulo Internaional Motor Show in Brazil. The Volkswagen T-Cross SUV, underpinned by a European version of the MQB-A0 platform, was recently spotted completely undisguised. The VW T-Cross SUV may spurn a smaller sub-4m version for India as well, based on the MQB AO IN platform. This may also suggest, more or less, the basic design outline for the upcoming Skoda SUV. This platform and car play an important role in Skoda's India 2.0 plan for the country. Based on the VW Polo, the T-Cross is 147mm longer 4yan the hatchback at 4,200mm.
From previous spy shots, we can say that the T-Cross SUV sports a design that appears close to the T-Cross Breeze convertible concept showcased at the 2016 Geneva Motor Show. The T-Cross SUV also retains a strong resemblance to its larger stablemates, the Tiguan and new Touareg.
And while the T-Cross will be the entry SUV for the VW brand, it is more than just a crossover version of the Polo hatchback. It has a squared-off look but elements such as the connected tail lamp from the concept may or may not make it to the production version. But with the flexible MQB-A0 platform, the T-Cross will have the option of various engines, at least in the international markets.
While the T-Cross will be officially revealed in production form later this month, the Indian version with a sub-4m length can be expected by 2019-20. It will rival the likes of the Maruti Suzuki Vitara Brezza, Tata Nexon, and the Ford EcoSport here, apart from the recently spied Hyundai QXi SUV.
- ReviewSuzuki V-Strom 650 XT ABS first ride review
- NewsMG Motor India's first launch: Everything we know
- NewsVolkswagen Passat with Connect app launched at Rs 25.99 lakh
- News2019 Hyundai Santro spotted in top-spec Asta trim
- NewsHero Destini 125cc scooter to launch on October 22
- NewsChinese carmaker Great Wall Motors to enter India by 2021-22
- NewsImage gallery: New BMW X7 SUV
- NewsSkoda Kodiaq GT coupe-SUV unveiled for China
- News2019 BMW X7 SUV unveiled internationally
- FeaturesReady to race: Volkswagen Vento TC4-A Racecar first drive review