India-bound Volkswagen T-Cross SUV to be globally revealed on October 25
Volkswagen is set for the global reveal of its smallest SUV, the T-Cross on October 25. It will also be showcased later in November at the Sao Paulo Internaional Motor Show in Brazil. The Volkswagen T-Cross SUV, underpinned by a European version of the MQB-A0 platform, was recently spotted completely undisguised. The VW T-Cross SUV may spurn a smaller sub-4m version for India as well, based on the MQB AO IN platform. This may also suggest, more or less, the basic design outline for the upcoming Skoda SUV. This platform and car play an important role in Skoda's India 2.0 plan for the country. Based on the VW Polo, the T-Cross is 147mm longer 4yan the hatchback at 4,200mm.
From previous spy shots, we can say that the T-Cross SUV sports a design that appears close to the T-Cross Breeze convertible concept showcased at the 2016 Geneva Motor Show. The T-Cross SUV also retains a strong resemblance to its larger stablemates, the Tiguan and new Touareg.
And while the T-Cross will be the entry SUV for the VW brand, it is more than just a crossover version of the Polo hatchback. It has a squared-off look but elements such as the connected tail lamp from the concept may or may not make it to the production version. But with the flexible MQB-A0 platform, the T-Cross will have the option of various engines, at least in the international markets.
While the T-Cross will be officially revealed in production form later this month, the Indian version with a sub-4m length can be expected by 2019-20. It will rival the likes of the Maruti Suzuki Vitara Brezza, Tata Nexon, and the Ford EcoSport here, apart from the recently spied Hyundai QXi SUV.
Also see: Volkswagen T-Cross First Drive Video
Starts Rs 8.04 Lakhs
Starts Rs 7.34 Lakhs
Starts Rs 6.95 Lakhs
- NewsImage gallery: 2020 BMW X5 M Competition
- NewsBSVI Honda Unicorn launched priced at Rs 93,593
- NewsMercedez-Benz EQA teased before 2020 Geneva Motor Show
- News2020 Skoda Octavia RS 245 priced at Rs 36 lakh, bookings commence from March 1
- News2020 Hyundai i20 interiors revealed prior to the Geneva Motor Show
- Digitek Launches its Battery for Sony, the F-960/F-970 MU
- Digitek Introduces the DUC-008 Battery Charger
- Digitek Unveils its latest Softbox, the DSBH-055