India-bound Volkswagen Tiguan now on sale in the UK
Volkswagen has opened bookings for the new Tiguan in the UK. The second generation of the compact SUV is based on Volkswagen's MQB platform, famed for cutting down engineering costs and streamlining the design process. The entry level Tiguan starts at around Rs 21.15 lakh, while the range topper will be for Rs 32.95 lakh in the UK. Sadly, it won't be this reasonable when it hits our shores, thanks to our country's obscene tax laws.
The updated Volkswagen Tiguan has a more firm and planted stance compared to its predecessor, being 30mm wider, 60mm longer, while sitting 33mm lower. The wheelbase has also been increased by 77mm. There are totally seven engine options available in the UK, three petrol engines ranging from 125PS to 180PS, and four oil burners starting at 115PS all the way up to 240PS.
Performance figure vary as one goes through the entire range of variants. 0-100kmph times start at 9.3 seconds for the 150PS 2.0 TDI, to 7.7 seconds for the 180PS 2.0 TSI, with the top speeds ranging from 200kmph to 208kmph. Fuel economy values range from 13.52 kmpl to an impressive 20.85kmpl.
Volkswagen India plans to locally assemble the Tiguan when they launch it here in 2017.
We have driven the new Tiguan and you can read all about it here
Starts Rs 27.49 Lakhs
Team OD | 19 Feb 2018
- NewsKia installs framework of its new manufacturing plant in Andhra Pradesh
- NewsMotoGP: Tech3 and Yamaha to part ways after 2018 season
- Review2018 Yamaha MT-09 first ride review
- NewsSkoda India to hike prices of all models
- NewsDucati launches extended warranty program in India
- News2018 F1: All the Formula 1 cars for the upcoming season launched so far
- NewsF2 2018: Arjun Maini signs with Trident for FIA Formula 2 Championship
- Review2018 TVS Apache RR 310 road test review
- Features2016 Yamaha YZF-R3 long term review: After 12,572km and two years
- NewsPorsche discontinues diesel, to focus on EVs and hybrids