India-built 2018 Maruti Suzuki Swift exports to foreign markets begin
Maruti Suzuki India Ltd has now begun exporting the India-built 2018 Maruti Suzuki Swift to foreign markets. The new generation Maruti Suzuki Swift was launched at the 2018 Auto Expo earlier this year. The 2018 Swift is produced at the Maruti Suzuki manufacturing facility at Hansalpur, Gujarat. Alongside the Swift, Maruti Suzuki also produces the Baleno at the same plant. However, it is the Swift that is now the first model being produced at this plant to be exported. The first batch of the 2018 Maruti Suzuki Swift was sent to South Africa from Mumbai on April 10, 2018. Maruti Suzuki has stated that it aims to expand its exports from India to at least 100 countries and regions across Europe, Japan, Asia, Africa, and Latin America.
The Hansalpur facility currently has a total production capacity of 2,50,000 units per year from its plant number 1, and will increase to 7,50,000 units once plants number 2 and 3 are completed in coming years. This third generation Maruti Suzuki Swift shares its Heartect platform with the Baleno and Ignis. Here are the major highlights of this new model. To know what we think of the 2018 Swift, read our review here.
Starts Rs 4.99 Lakhs
- NewsRenault Triber MPV launched in South Africa
- NewsMINI launches the Clubman Summer Red Edition in India at Rs 44.90 lakh
- News2020 Land Rover Discovery Sport launched in India at Rs 57.06 lakh
- NewsAuto Expo 2020: Top 10 showcases at the motor show
- NewsNissan teases its India-bound B-SUV the second time, likely to be launched in the first half of 2021