India gets its first Lamborghini Urus SUV
The first of the 25 Lamborghini Urus SUVs that were allocated to India when the car launched here at the start of the year has finally been delivered to a customer. All of the cars earmarked for India have been sold.
The Urus is priced at Rs 3.10 crore (ex-showroom) but a few options can make that figure rise to Rs 4 crore easily. This particular car has been finished in the Rosso Anteros shade of red and come with the optional Style exterior package. This adds red brake callipers, black exterior trim and a chrome finish for the quad tailpipes. Also specced on this car are the Nath 22-inch diamond-finish alloy wheels.
This particular car also gets contrasting red stitching on the inside, the optional Bang and Olufsen audio system, panoramic sunroof, ambient lighting and a 360-degree camera.
Powering the 2018 Lamborghini SUV is a specially-developed 4.0 litre twin-turbo V8 that has no resemblance with the one offered in the Bentley Continental GT and the Flying Spur. This motor, equipped with variable valve timing and cylinder deactivation, makes 650PS at 6,000rpm and generates 850Nm of torque at 2,250 rpm. All of that power is sent to the four wheels via an 8-speed automatic transmission.
The cabin layout of the Lamborghini Urus SUV looks similar to that in the iconic Lambo supercars
Lamborghini claims that the Urus can reach 100kmph in 3.6seconds and will do a top whack of 305 kmph. The Lamborghini Urus also offers drive modes that can be selected through the Tamburo (drum) driving mode selector listed under the ANIMA (Adaptive Network Intelligence Management) system.
Starts Rs 3 Crore
Starts Rs 1.7 Crore
- OpinionOn OVERDRIVE turning twenty...
- Review2018 Lexus ES 300h first drive review
- NewsThe OVERDRIVE 24 Hours Performance Run is coming your way this weekend
- NewsFerrari lays out plans till 2022, will build 'Purosangue' SUV
- News2019 Suzuki Katana to be unveiled on October 2 at the Intermot show
- News2018 Mercedes-Benz C-Class launched in India at Rs 40 lakh
- NewsNew-gen Honda CR-V to be launched in India on October 9
- NewsLive updates: 2018 Mercedes-Benz C-Class facelift India launch
- NewsImage gallery: Mercedes-AMG A35 revealed
- NewsMercedes-AMG A35 hot hatchback revealed ahead of Paris Motor Show