India Kawasaki Motors (IKM) terminate SNK Palm Beach as dealers for Kawasaki motorcycles
India Kawasaki Motors (IKM) have just announced that they have terminated SNK Palm Beach as dealers for Kawasaki motorcycles. This announcement comes after several complaints from customers saying the dealer had taken full payment but hadn't delivered the motorcycles.
According to the statement released by Kawasaki in newspapers, SNK has failed to serve its customers, failed to deliver motorcycles and also committed material breaches of the terms and conditions of the dealership. IKM have asked the consumers to not deal with SNK Palm beach in any matters related to Kawasaki motorcycles. They have also said that any person dealing with SNK Palm Beach despite their warning will be doing so at their own risk. Clearly, this means that IKM is suggesting customers stay away from SNK for both sales and service.
The situation throws up two problems that need immediate addressing. The first is whether IKM will be intervening to expedite a solution for the customers who have already made full payment for their motorcycles. The next is what IKM plans to do with regards to service and maintenance for the existing owners of Kawasaki motorcycles in Mumbai and Navi Mumbai.
We tried to reach IKM for information but haven't gotten any answers as yet. We are still trying to find out what affected customers can do and will update this story with details as soon as we get to know. What we do know right now is that IKM are looking to correct this whole issue by appointing a brand new dealer for the Navi Mumbai and Mumbai region as soon as possible. But we know the process of dealer appointment is lengthy and this could take a while.
We will update this story as and when we get more information, so keep an eye out.
Team OD | 12 Feb 2018
- NewsImage gallery: Mahindra Thar Wanderlust SUV at the 2018 Auto Expo
- NewsImage gallery: Honda Sports EV concept at the Auto Expo 2018
- NewsImage gallery: Tata Tigor and Tiago JTP showcased at 2018 Auto Expo
- NewsImage gallery: 2018 Yamaha YZF-R15 v3
- NewsImage gallery: 2018 Yamaha YZF-R6
- NewsImage gallery: Yamaha MT-09 Tracer and MT-09 Tracer GT
- NewsImage gallery: Mahindra Stinger concept at the Auto Expo 2018
- NewsAuto Expo 2018: Tamo Racemo showcased, image gallery
- NewsImage gallery: 2018 Honda Civic
- NewsImage gallery: Yamaha MT-10