India-made 2017 Volkswagen Passat to be launched on October 10, 2017
Volkswagen India will launch its new-gen 2017 Volkswagen Passat premium sedan in India on October 10. The announcement comes days after Volkswagen said that it has commenced production of the 2017 Volkswagen Passat in India at the Volkswagen Aurangabad plant. The Volkswagen Passat premium sedan will be an important offering for Volkswagen being a flagship as well as being based on the MQB platform, which also underpins the 2018 Volkswagen Polo. Volkswagen had already showcased the plug-in hybrid version of the new-gen Passat at the 2016 Auto Expo in India. We have already driven this model, the Volkswagen Passat GTE. The eighth-generation Volkswagen Passat was unveiled globally in 2014. The 2017 Volkswagen Passat will compete with the likes of Honda Accord, Skoda Superb and the Toyota Camry in the premium sedan segment.
In its new form, the Volkswagen Passat gets a revolutionary design change when compared to its previous iteration. The company has already been testing the model in India for quite some time now. The 2017 VW Passat now measures 2mm shorter and has an extended wheelbase of 79mm, which VW claims offers a more spacious cabin and boot. VW has also managed to shave off 80kg from the Passat.
The 2017 Volkswagen Passat will be powered by a 177PS 2.0-litre TDI motor mated to a 6-speed DSG automatic gearbox. The company has not let out any additional information on a petrol motor or a manual transmission option.The GTE plug-in hybrid, sold in the international market, comes with a 115PS electric motor and a 156PS 1.4-litre turbocharged petrol engine mated to a 6-speed DSG gearbox. The combined power outputs for the system are 218PS and 400Nm. VW has also stated that the plug-in hybrid also qualifies the EURO 6 emission norms.
Starts Rs 29.99 Lakhs
Starts Rs 25.34 Lakhs
Starts Rs 29.75 Lakhs
Starts Rs 5.54 Lakhs
- NewsImage gallery: Mahindra Racing M5Electro Formula E electric race car
- NewsMahindra Racing's M5Electro Formula E electric race car debuts in India ahead of 2019 season opener
- NewsSkoda India to hike prices across range from January 1, 2019
- NewsMaruti Suzuki registers five lakh cumulative CNG vehicle sales in India
- NewsTeams from Varanasi, Delhi and Vellore win Shell Eco Marathon India
- NewsMcLaren 720S Spider convertible revealed, locks horns with Ferrari 488
- News2019 Nissan GT-R prices for the U.S. market announced
- NewsTata Nexon SUV becomes first Indian-origin car to score five-star Global NCAP rating
- NewsShell India and Gordon Murray Design unveil pre-production OX Truck
- News2019 FIA F3 Championship: Jehan Daruvala to drive for Prema Racing