India-made 2017 Volkswagen Passat to be launched on October 10, 2017
Volkswagen India will launch its new-gen 2017 Volkswagen Passat premium sedan in India on October 10. The announcement comes days after Volkswagen said that it has commenced production of the 2017 Volkswagen Passat in India at the Volkswagen Aurangabad plant. The Volkswagen Passat premium sedan will be an important offering for Volkswagen being a flagship as well as being based on the MQB platform, which also underpins the 2018 Volkswagen Polo. Volkswagen had already showcased the plug-in hybrid version of the new-gen Passat at the 2016 Auto Expo in India. We have already driven this model, the Volkswagen Passat GTE. The eighth-generation Volkswagen Passat was unveiled globally in 2014. The 2017 Volkswagen Passat will compete with the likes of Honda Accord, Skoda Superb and the Toyota Camry in the premium sedan segment.
In its new form, the Volkswagen Passat gets a revolutionary design change when compared to its previous iteration. The company has already been testing the model in India for quite some time now. The 2017 VW Passat now measures 2mm shorter and has an extended wheelbase of 79mm, which VW claims offers a more spacious cabin and boot. VW has also managed to shave off 80kg from the Passat.
The 2017 Volkswagen Passat will be powered by a 177PS 2.0-litre TDI motor mated to a 6-speed DSG automatic gearbox. The company has not let out any additional information on a petrol motor or a manual transmission option.The GTE plug-in hybrid, sold in the international market, comes with a 115PS electric motor and a 156PS 1.4-litre turbocharged petrol engine mated to a 6-speed DSG gearbox. The combined power outputs for the system are 218PS and 400Nm. VW has also stated that the plug-in hybrid also qualifies the EURO 6 emission norms.
Starts Rs 29.99 Lakhs
Starts Rs 25.34 Lakhs
Starts Rs 29.75 Lakhs
Starts Rs 5.54 Lakhs
- NewsUpcoming Maruti Suzuki Ciaz facelift to miss out on new 1.5-litre diesel at launch
- NewsBMW Motorrad India now offers 3 years, unlimited kilometres warranty as standard on all its motorcycles
- NewsMercedes-Benz launches a new mobile service initiative for Tier - 2 and Tier - 3 called 'Service on Wheels'
- NewsSuzuki Burgman Street 125cc maxi scooter to be launched in India tomorrow
- News10,000th Isuzu vehicle rolled out of its plant in SriCity
- News2018 Kawasaki Z900RS launched in a black paint option in India
- News2018 FIM Trial-E Cup: Yamaha's Kenichi Kuroyama rides TY-E electric trials bike to win in first two rounds
- NewsTriumph Street Triple RS gets two new colour options in India
- NewsFord crosses one million customer milestone in India
- NewsPrice check: BMW G 310 R vs BMW G 310 GS vs KTM 390 Duke vs KTM RC 390 vs TVS Apache RR 310 vs Kawasaki Ninja 300