India-spec 2019 Honda Civic sedan technical specifications revealed
Ahead of the car's launch in the next few weeks, Honda Cars India has released details of the technical specifications of the new 2019 Honda Civic. The Civic is available with numerous engine options globally but the India-spec car has simplified this to offer two engine and gearbox options. A petrol automatic and a diesel manual.
The petrol engine is a 1,799cc, four cylinder, i-VTEC unit which makes 141PS at 6,500 rpm. The torque figure is 174 Nm at 4,300 rpm. This is mated to a continuously variable transmission. The ARAI claimed fuel efficiency figure is 16.5 kmpl. The diesel engine is the same 1,597cc turcharged mill that we saw first in the CR-V. It makes a similar 120PS at 4,000 rpm and 300 Nm at 3,000 rpm here. The only available transmission with this is a six-speed manual and comes with a fuel economy claim of 26.5 kmpl.
Dimensionally, the new Civic is 4,656mm long, 1,799mm wide and 1,433mm tall. Wheelbase is 2,700mm. The sedan can hold 430 litres of cargo and has a 5.85m turning radius. There are disc brakes on all four wheels, these work in conjunction with 215/50 17-inch alloy wheels.
With these numbers, the new Honda Civic is aimed squarely at the Toyota Corolla, Hyundai elantra and Skoda Octavia. Sty tuned to OVERDRIVE a we bring you more on the Civic in the next few days.
Also see: Honda Civic vs Skoda Octavia vs Toyota Corolla Comparison Test Video
Also see: Honda Civic First Drive Review Video
Starts Rs 17.94 Lakhs
Starts Rs 15.99 Lakhs
- NewsINRC 2019: Mahindra Adventure and Gaurav Gill will compete in the remaining rounds of the national rally championship
- News2020 Volvo XC40 Recharge electric SUV unveiled
- NewsNext-generation 2020 Skoda Octavia shown in sketches ahead of November 11 reveal
- NewsIndian rider Harith Noah part of Sherco TVS's Dakar 2020 ride lineup
- NewsLamborghini inaugurates a showroom in New Delhi, India