India-spec Jawa motorcycle could be revealed tomorrow
Jawa Motorcycles is set to reveal its plans for the country tomorrow. According to a social media post shared by the company on Twitter, there is "big news coming your way tomorrow! Stay tuned! 11.10.2018". The posts also contains a short video with the text roaring towards you soon and the Jawa Motorcycles logo. What also hints at the event being a reveal, is a hashtag that reads Jawa is back. It is more a return to India for this iconic Czech brand. Jawa had started its operations as Ideal Jawa (India) Ltd that was licenced to sell Jawa motorcycles in the 1960s. As confirmed earlier in 2018 by Anand Mahindra, executive chairman, Mahindra Group, Jawa Motorcycles will launch their first motorcycle this year.
Curious about the new Jawa? BIG NEWS coming your way tomorrow! Stay tuned! 11.10.2018#jawa #jawamotorcycles #heartthrob #classiclegends #jawaisback #classicmotorcycles #justjawa #newjawa #bignews #watchthisspace #staytuned #announcement #waitforit #news pic.twitter.com/DxtDQv5qg2
- Jawa Motorcycles (@jawamotorcycles) October 10, 2018
Mahindra recently tweeted about the resurrection of the Jawa Motorcycles brand with an image captioned "Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to ride in the rain". One of Mahindra's followers replied to the tweet by asking about the timeline of launch of Jawa Motorcycles. To which Mahindra confirmed, "Happening this year".
It is already known that Mahindra will be focussing on premium motorcycles. Two years ago, Classic Legends Private Limited (CLPL), a subsidiary of Mahindra and Mahindra, had acquired BSA Company for around Rs 28 crore. Mahindra and Mahindra owns a 60 per cent stake in CLPL. This acquisition would allow Mahindra to acquire or obtain licence of the brand and use the same for selling, marketing and distribution of motorcycles.
The Jawa 350 OHC Special is a fully-faired version of the 350 OHC. At first glance, it looks like it would fit right into a starting grid picture from 40 years ago
The company had already confirmed that the Jawa brand will be launched in 2019 and will not feature Mahindra branding anywhere on the motorcycle. We expect Mahindra Two Wheelers R&D to work on an India-specific Jawa line-up, of which the first model may be shown tomorrow. These motorcycles will be sold via a newly set-up Jawa dealer network.
The red and chrome treatment on the Jawa 350 OHC is a tribute to the retro classic bike of the 70s
The first model to go on sale could also be the Jawa 350 OHC or Special, a retro motorcycle, that may be based on the same platform as the Mahindra Mojo. This one could go up against the Royal Enfield Classic 350, depending on the price point that Mahindra positions the Jawa 350 at. You can read a detailed analysis of Mahindra Two Wheelers' game plan here.
Starts Rs 1,48,520
Starts Rs 1,39,308
- News2018 Hyundai Santro: Five things to know before tomorrow's launch
- NewsTata Motors to organise nation-wide free service camp for its CV range in India
- News2018 Hyundai Santro gets over 14,000 bookings in less than two weeks
- NewsFB Mondial HPS300 launched at Rs Rs 3.37 lakh in India, image gallery
- NewsMercedes-Benz GLC L SUV unveiled, will be sold only in the Chinese market
- NewsNew Tesla Model 3 mid-range variant launched at $45,000
- News2018 Hero Destini 125 scooter launched in India at Rs 54,650
- NewsLive updates: 2018 Hero Destini 125 scooter launch
- News2020 Porsche Taycan EV to be priced between Panamera and Cayenne
- News2019 Honda CBR 150R details out, to rival the Yamaha R15 v3 in India?