Indian Automotive Artist Vidita Singh to exhibit her art work at Pebble Beach Concours
Vidita Singh, a renowned automotive artist was invited by the Automotive Fine Arts Society (AFAS) to be this year's guest artist and exhibit her artwork at the AFAS marquee tent, on the 18th fairway of the Pebble Beach golf course, during the annual Pebble Beach Concours classic car show to be held at Monterey, California on 26th August 2018.
Pebble Beach Concours d'Elegance is one of the most prestigious classic car events in the world, which first premiered in 1950. This would explain that it would be an achievement for Vidita to be chosen for showcasing her work as she is the first artist to represent India in the international automotive art world, and amongst the few female artists in the world to be selected for the event. She will be exhibiting her artworks alongside famed artists like Tom Hale, Dennis Hoyt, Ken Eberts, Barry Rowe, Jay Koka to name a few.
Vidita Singh is one of the first automotive artists in India. She has managed to bring out the novelty of automobiles in the long-gone era and, the artistic and mechanical masterpieces in her paintings is her passion. She focuses on portraying automobiles and the special relationship they had with the nation. She specializes in paintings done with oil on canvas, watercolours and charcoals.
She earned international acclaim when she showcased her artworks in a few solo exhibitions in New Delhi, Mumbai, Hyderabad and Hong Kong. She has also been part of a number of exhibitions including the Cartier Concours d'Elegance. Her work has been auctioned by Christie's at Royal Bridges art union held in Dubai.
Ford Motor's Centenary Celebrations commissioned her to create a bespoke artwork for Ford Motor Company, India. She was also commissioned to create a painting for Hyundai Motors, India which embodies their corporate office. Vidita has also been featured as an 'Upcoming Automotive Artist' in a Dutch automotive website
- NewsIndia Baja 2018: Santolino Lorenzo dominates Moto category
- NewsIndia Baja 2018: Image gallery Leg 2
- NewsBrabus makes a 600PS Mercedes-AMG GLC 63 S SUV
- NewsIndia Baja 2018: Image gallery Leg 1
- NewsVideo worth watching: V12-powered Ferrari 250 GTO screaming to glory
- Review2018 Honda Jazz review
- NewsIndia Baja 2018: Leg 1 sets the event rolling today with SS 1 to SS 3
- NewsIndia Baja 2018: Scrutiny and driver's briefing image gallery
- FeaturesIndependence Quattro Drive 2018: From Chandigarh to Leh
- NewsDrag strip-only Ford Mustang Cobra Jet unveiled