Indian Chieftain Elite to be launched in India on August 12
Indian Motorcycle will be launching the Chieftain Elite in India on August 12. Interestingly, the India website of Indian Motorcycle has already listed the Elite. What makes the Elite special is the fact that the classic cruiser comes with a custom paint job that takes 25 man hours and importantly each and every unit looks distinct. The Chieftain Elite is not for everybody as the company plans to make 350 units for the global market. We believe this one too will be a limited edition offering for the Indian market and will be reserved only for a select few.
The Indian Elite will be a limited edition offering
The newest introduction to the Indian Motorcycle portfolio will make use of the 1,811cc Thunderstroke 111 V-twin that puts out 161.6Nm at 3,000rpm. There are twin, 300mm discs at the front and a single, 300mm disc at the rear. The suspension too is identical to the regular Indian Chieftain. Considering the fact that the Indian Chieftain Elite will be the top-spec offering, it will come with a host of goodies over the regular offering to justify its more premium tag. The features that we believe will be offered in the Chieftain Elite are cruise control, keyless start, remote-locking saddlebags, leather seats and adjustable passenger floorboard. Additionally, this one will also gets a touchscreen infotainment system with radio and smartphone connectivity and a 200-watt audio system with speakers.
Powering the Chieftain Elite is a 1,811cc Thunderstroke 111 V-twin that puts out 161.6Nm at 3,000rpm
Starts Rs 29,99,000
- NewsIndia Baja 2018: Pre-scrutiny image gallery
- NewsHarley-Davidson India rolls out new Street to Softail trade-in offer
- NewsKerala floods: Nissan India offers service support to affected customers
- NewsHero MotoCorp re-enters used two-wheeler business with Hero Sure in India
- NewsMaruti Suzuki Ciaz facelift to get more safety features
- NewsTata Nexon compact SUV crosses the 50,000 production mark
- NewsAutomobili Pininfarina PF0 all-electric concept hypercar interior revealed
- NewsPorsche Panamera Turbo S E-Hybrid sets lap records at six racetracks including BIC
- NewsMercedes-Benz India and its dealers donate Rs 30 lakh to the CM's relief fund in Kerala
- NewsAtacama Rally 2018: Hero MotoSports' Oriol Mena finishes Stage 2 in 10th place, Joaquim Rodrigues 15th