Indian Chieftain Elite to be launched in India on August 12
Indian Motorcycle will be launching the Chieftain Elite in India on August 12. Interestingly, the India website of Indian Motorcycle has already listed the Elite. What makes the Elite special is the fact that the classic cruiser comes with a custom paint job that takes 25 man hours and importantly each and every unit looks distinct. The Chieftain Elite is not for everybody as the company plans to make 350 units for the global market. We believe this one too will be a limited edition offering for the Indian market and will be reserved only for a select few.
The Indian Elite will be a limited edition offering
The newest introduction to the Indian Motorcycle portfolio will make use of the 1,811cc Thunderstroke 111 V-twin that puts out 161.6Nm at 3,000rpm. There are twin, 300mm discs at the front and a single, 300mm disc at the rear. The suspension too is identical to the regular Indian Chieftain. Considering the fact that the Indian Chieftain Elite will be the top-spec offering, it will come with a host of goodies over the regular offering to justify its more premium tag. The features that we believe will be offered in the Chieftain Elite are cruise control, keyless start, remote-locking saddlebags, leather seats and adjustable passenger floorboard. Additionally, this one will also gets a touchscreen infotainment system with radio and smartphone connectivity and a 200-watt audio system with speakers.
Powering the Chieftain Elite is a 1,811cc Thunderstroke 111 V-twin that puts out 161.6Nm at 3,000rpm
Starts Rs 29,99,000
- NewsShell India and Gordon Murray Design unveil pre-production OX Truck
- News2019 FIA F3 Championship: Jehan Daruvala to drive for Prema Racing
- NewsThe Nissan GT-R50 by Italdesign concept is headed to production in 2019
- NewsTata Harrier SUV seven-seater version to debut in 2019, one of three major Tata launches next year
- NewsImage gallery: 2019 Skoda Scala
- News2019 Skoda Scala premium hatchback unveiled internationally
- NewsSuzuki Motorcycle India crosses the 40 lakh sales milestone
- Review2019 Tata Harrier first drive review
- NewsKia Motors India donates Niro Hybrid, Niro PHEV and Niro EV to Andhra Government, signs MoU
- NewsWatch the Skoda Scala hatchback's international debut here live