Indian entries win big at Pebble; Alfa 8C is 'Best of Show'
A number of these classics took awards including a Class win for Amir Ali Jetha's 1935 Rolls-Royce Phantom II Continental Coupe by Gurney Nutting - in the 'Rolls Royce & Bentley' sub division of the class, as well as the Lucius Beebe Trophy - for the most elegant Rolls Royce. Runner-up in the class was a 1937 25/30HP Rolls Royce, again by Gurney Nutting, owned by Roshini Jaiswal of New Delhi. Second Runners-up went to a 1935 Bentley Sports Drophead Coupe by Antem owned by Jagdish Thackersey of Mumbai.
Delhi based lawyer Diljeet Titus took second Runners-up in his 1930 Stutz Model M by Lebaron,
In the other Raj Class, Delhi based lawyer Diljeet Titus took second Runners-up in his 1930 Stutz Model M by Lebaron, while Nishant Doosa took Runners-up in his 1936 Alvis Speed 25 by Vanden Plas. The class win was taken by a Cadillac V16 by Pinin Farina once owned by the Maharaja of Oorcha, now in a US collection.
The Rolls Royce Silver Ghost belonging to the Wankaner (Gujarat) royal family in original condition won the FIVA preservation award, and a Rolls Royce Phantom II owned by the Maharaja of Jodhpur took the Lord Montague Trophy.
Automotive historian Manvendra Singh Barwani was awarded the prestigious Lorin Tryon Trophy for his work towards promoting the classic car movement. It is one of the highest honours a person can receive at the Pebble Beach Concours.
One of the most beautiful looking Rolls-Royce classics present at this year's Pebble Beach event
The 'Best of Show' award went to a 1937 Alfa Romeo 8C 2900B Touring Berlinetta owned by David and Ginny Sydorick of Beverly Hills.
Image credit- kimball Studios / Courtesy of Pebble Beach Concours d'Elegance
Starts Rs 7.5 Crore
- News2019 Jawa Forty Two: Image Gallery
- News2019 Jawa: Image gallery
- NewsVolkswagen being investigated for selling pre-production cars to customers
- News50,000th BMW 310cc series motorcycle rolled out from Hosur plant
- News1,874 units of the Yamaha R3 recalled in India
- NewsThings to know about the 2019 Nissan Kicks India-spec SUV
- NewsTata Motors to increase prices by up to Rs 40,000 from January 1, 2019
- NewsTata Harrier SUV multi-city public preview to start form December 18
- NewsRefreshed 2019 BMW X1 SUV spotted testing in Europe
- NewsMahindra S201 sub-four-metre SUV nameplate to be revealed on December 19