Indian entries win big at Pebble; Alfa 8C is 'Best of Show'
A number of these classics took awards including a Class win for Amir Ali Jetha's 1935 Rolls-Royce Phantom II Continental Coupe by Gurney Nutting - in the 'Rolls Royce & Bentley' sub division of the class, as well as the Lucius Beebe Trophy - for the most elegant Rolls Royce. Runner-up in the class was a 1937 25/30HP Rolls Royce, again by Gurney Nutting, owned by Roshini Jaiswal of New Delhi. Second Runners-up went to a 1935 Bentley Sports Drophead Coupe by Antem owned by Jagdish Thackersey of Mumbai.
Delhi based lawyer Diljeet Titus took second Runners-up in his 1930 Stutz Model M by Lebaron,
In the other Raj Class, Delhi based lawyer Diljeet Titus took second Runners-up in his 1930 Stutz Model M by Lebaron, while Nishant Doosa took Runners-up in his 1936 Alvis Speed 25 by Vanden Plas. The class win was taken by a Cadillac V16 by Pinin Farina once owned by the Maharaja of Oorcha, now in a US collection.
The Rolls Royce Silver Ghost belonging to the Wankaner (Gujarat) royal family in original condition won the FIVA preservation award, and a Rolls Royce Phantom II owned by the Maharaja of Jodhpur took the Lord Montague Trophy.
Automotive historian Manvendra Singh Barwani was awarded the prestigious Lorin Tryon Trophy for his work towards promoting the classic car movement. It is one of the highest honours a person can receive at the Pebble Beach Concours.
One of the most beautiful looking Rolls-Royce classics present at this year's Pebble Beach event
The 'Best of Show' award went to a 1937 Alfa Romeo 8C 2900B Touring Berlinetta owned by David and Ginny Sydorick of Beverly Hills.
Image credit- kimball Studios / Courtesy of Pebble Beach Concours d'Elegance
Starts Rs 7.5 Crore
- OpinionOn OVERDRIVE turning twenty...
- Review2018 Lexus ES 300h first drive review
- NewsThe OVERDRIVE 24 Hours Performance Run is coming your way this weekend
- NewsFerrari lays out plans till 2022, will build 'Purosangue' SUV
- News2019 Suzuki Katana to be unveiled on October 2 at the Intermot show
- News2018 Mercedes-Benz C-Class launched in India at Rs 40 lakh
- NewsNew-gen Honda CR-V to be launched in India on October 9
- NewsLive updates: 2018 Mercedes-Benz C-Class facelift India launch
- NewsImage gallery: Mercedes-AMG A35 revealed
- NewsMercedes-AMG A35 hot hatchback revealed ahead of Paris Motor Show