Indian FTR 1200 S to be officially launched in India on August 19
Indian Motorcycles - an American motorcycle manufacturing company had announced the India launch of their FTR 1200 S and the FTR 1200 S Race Replica back in December 2018. However, the Indian FTR 1200 S has been scheduled to be officially launched in India on August 19 (Mumbai on August 21) and the FTR 1200 S Race Replica could be launched on a later date.
The FTR 1200 S is styled more toward the scrambler body type, however, with a different approach. The wheels are alloy instead of spoke-wire, also the exhaust does not run alongside the motorcycle from under the seat, instead carries an upswept design. The headlamp unit is an all-LED unit and the instrument cluster is mounted right above it. The instrument cluster is a 4.3-inch touchscreen unit. The side displays exposed bits of the chassis and the offset rear monoshock absorber.
On the mechanical front, the motorcycle gets a 1,203cc V-twin engine that is good enough for 124PS and 118Nm of torque. The engine is mated to a 6-speed gearbox. The electronic includes a switchable ABS (antilock braking system), different riding modes and a 6-axis inertia management unit for an advanced traction and stability control.
Expect the ex-showroom cost to be close to the Rs 15.5 lakh mark and the motorcycle will rival the Ducati Scrambler 1100 and BMW R nineT Scrambler.
Stay tuned to OVERDRIVE for more updates from the launch event of the Indian FTR 1200 S.
Starts Rs 15,99,000
Starts Rs 7,89,000
Starts Rs 10,91,000
- NewsBSVI Honda Unicorn launched priced at Rs 93,593
- NewsMercedez-Benz EQA teased before 2020 Geneva Motor Show
- News2020 Skoda Octavia RS 245 priced at Rs 36 lakh, bookings commence from March 1
- News2020 Hyundai i20 interiors revealed prior to the Geneva Motor Show
- News180 units of Toyota Vellfire MPV already sold in India
- Digitek Launches its Battery for Sony, the F-960/F-970 MU
- Digitek Introduces the DUC-008 Battery Charger
- Digitek Unveils its latest Softbox, the DSBH-055