Indian FTR 1200 S to be officially launched in India on August 19
Indian Motorcycles - an American motorcycle manufacturing company had announced the India launch of their FTR 1200 S and the FTR 1200 S Race Replica back in December 2018. However, the Indian FTR 1200 S has been scheduled to be officially launched in India on August 19 (Mumbai on August 21) and the FTR 1200 S Race Replica could be launched on a later date.
The FTR 1200 S is styled more toward the scrambler body type, however, with a different approach. The wheels are alloy instead of spoke-wire, also the exhaust does not run alongside the motorcycle from under the seat, instead carries an upswept design. The headlamp unit is an all-LED unit and the instrument cluster is mounted right above it. The instrument cluster is a 4.3-inch touchscreen unit. The side displays exposed bits of the chassis and the offset rear monoshock absorber.
On the mechanical front, the motorcycle gets a 1,203cc V-twin engine that is good enough for 124PS and 118Nm of torque. The engine is mated to a 6-speed gearbox. The electronic includes a switchable ABS (antilock braking system), different riding modes and a 6-axis inertia management unit for an advanced traction and stability control.
Expect the ex-showroom cost to be close to the Rs 15.5 lakh mark and the motorcycle will rival the Ducati Scrambler 1100 and BMW R nineT Scrambler.
Stay tuned to OVERDRIVE for more updates from the launch event of the Indian FTR 1200 S.
Starts Rs 15,99,000
Starts Rs 7,89,000
Starts Rs 10,91,000
- NewsSpec Comparo: Maruti Suzuki XL6 vs Honda BR-V vs Renault Lodgy
- News2019 Kia Seltos SUV launched in India - The prices start from Rs 9.69 lakh
- NewsMaruti Suzuki's some cars now offered with 5-year and 1 lakh kilometres standard warranty in India
- NewsLive Updates: Kia Seltos India launch updates, prices, details, features, variants, engines
- News2019 Isuzu D-max V-Cross pickup launched in India for the price of Rs 19.99 lakh