Oberoi takes Class win at US based Quail show with ex Maharaja Indian Chief
Indian industrialist Arjun Oberoi took top honours at the 2018 Quail, a Motorsport Gathering, winning the 'Sports and Racing Motorcycles' class with his canary yellow 1947 Indian Chief 1200 Sportsman. Quail is one of the major automotive events of the Monterey Car Week, which includes vintage races, various cars shows, blue-chip automotive auctions, and ends with the prestigious Pebble Beach Concours.
The motorcycle was originally owned by H.H. Maharaja Yadavindra Singh of Patiala, and presented to his brother Prince Karminder Singh. The motorcycle was lost in a billiards wager to grand-nephew Raninder Singh Patiala.
Arjun bought the motorcycle in 1995 and had since had it restored, winning 'Best of Show - Motorcycles' at the 2017 Cartier Concours d'Elegance in Hyderabad.
Story and Photo - Siddhraj Singh
- NewsRoyal Enfield sets foot in South Korea - sales, service and spares operations commenced
- News2019 Tata Tigor facelift compact sedan spotted testing
- News2019 Euro NASCAR: Advait Deodhar scores rookie podium despite difficult season-opener
- FeaturesIndian Election Campaign Vehicles (IECV)
- NewsHyundai Venue: How does it stack up against the competition?
- Wedding Photography Symposium
- Sony Better Photography Wedding Photographer of the Year 2018-19 Awards Night
- Sony BP WPOY 2018-19: Top 10 in The Joy of Light by Photoquip