Oberoi takes Class win at US based Quail show with ex Maharaja Indian Chief
Indian industrialist Arjun Oberoi took top honours at the 2018 Quail, a Motorsport Gathering, winning the 'Sports and Racing Motorcycles' class with his canary yellow 1947 Indian Chief 1200 Sportsman. Quail is one of the major automotive events of the Monterey Car Week, which includes vintage races, various cars shows, blue-chip automotive auctions, and ends with the prestigious Pebble Beach Concours.
The motorcycle was originally owned by H.H. Maharaja Yadavindra Singh of Patiala, and presented to his brother Prince Karminder Singh. The motorcycle was lost in a billiards wager to grand-nephew Raninder Singh Patiala.
Arjun bought the motorcycle in 1995 and had since had it restored, winning 'Best of Show - Motorcycles' at the 2017 Cartier Concours d'Elegance in Hyderabad.
Story and Photo - Siddhraj Singh
- News2020 Volkswagen T-Roc SUV to be launched in India on March 18
- NewsMercedes-Benz GLC Coupe to launch in India on March 3
- News2020 Volkswagen Tiguan Allspace SUV to be launched in India on March 6
- NewsMaserati MC20 supercar to be globally launched in May 2020
- ReviewBSVI Honda Activa 6G first ride review
- Digitek Launches its Battery for Sony, the F-960/F-970 MU
- Digitek Introduces the DUC-008 Battery Charger
- Digitek Unveils its latest Softbox, the DSBH-055