Oberoi takes Class win at US based Quail show with ex Maharaja Indian Chief
Indian industrialist Arjun Oberoi took top honours at the 2018 Quail, a Motorsport Gathering, winning the 'Sports and Racing Motorcycles' class with his canary yellow 1947 Indian Chief 1200 Sportsman. Quail is one of the major automotive events of the Monterey Car Week, which includes vintage races, various cars shows, blue-chip automotive auctions, and ends with the prestigious Pebble Beach Concours.
The motorcycle was originally owned by H.H. Maharaja Yadavindra Singh of Patiala, and presented to his brother Prince Karminder Singh. The motorcycle was lost in a billiards wager to grand-nephew Raninder Singh Patiala.
Arjun bought the motorcycle in 1995 and had since had it restored, winning 'Best of Show - Motorcycles' at the 2017 Cartier Concours d'Elegance in Hyderabad.
Story and Photo - Siddhraj Singh
Team OD | 14 Sep 2018
- NewsPiaggio launches updated Aprilia SR150, Vespa and mobile connectivity app
- NewsMercedes-Benz E-Class All-Terrain to be launched in India on September 28
- NewsJaguar Land Rover India now offering advanced connectivity features on Range Rover, Range Rover Sport and Discovery
- NewsVolvo Car India opens a boutique showroom in Noida
- News2018 TVS Ntorq 125 launched in Metallic Red paint option
- FeaturesImage gallery: OD SUV Slugfest
- News2019 BMW R 1250 GS and R 1250 RT with new larger boxer engine revealed
- NewsImage gallery: Audi e-tron electric SUV unveiled
- NewsLive Updates: Vespa and Aprilia to launch new products in India
- NewsMercedes-AMG A35 hot hatchback teased ahead of Paris Motor Show unveil