Oberoi takes Class win at US based Quail show with ex Maharaja Indian Chief
Indian industrialist Arjun Oberoi took top honours at the 2018 Quail, a Motorsport Gathering, winning the 'Sports and Racing Motorcycles' class with his canary yellow 1947 Indian Chief 1200 Sportsman. Quail is one of the major automotive events of the Monterey Car Week, which includes vintage races, various cars shows, blue-chip automotive auctions, and ends with the prestigious Pebble Beach Concours.
The motorcycle was originally owned by H.H. Maharaja Yadavindra Singh of Patiala, and presented to his brother Prince Karminder Singh. The motorcycle was lost in a billiards wager to grand-nephew Raninder Singh Patiala.
Arjun bought the motorcycle in 1995 and had since had it restored, winning 'Best of Show - Motorcycles' at the 2017 Cartier Concours d'Elegance in Hyderabad.
Story and Photo - Siddhraj Singh
- NewsMercedes-Benz C-Class facelift petrol to launch in India by the end of 2018
- NewsImage gallery: 2019 Mercedes-Benz CLS launched in India at Rs 84.70 lakh
- News2019 Kawasaki Versys 1000 bookings start in India, deliveries post April 2019
- News2019 Mercedes-Benz CLS four-door coupe launched in India at Rs 84.70 lakh
- NewsLive updates: 2019 Mercedes-Benz CLS India launch
- NewsSavita Oil Technologies to supply Tata Motors with original oils
- NewsMahindra Treo electric three-wheeler range with lithium-ion battery pack launched in India at Rs 1.36 lakh
- NewsImage gallery: Jawa and Jawa Forty Two launched in India
- NewsJawa Motorcycles launches the Jawa and Jawa Forty Two at Rs 1.64 lakh and Rs 1.55 lakh
- NewsLive updates: Jawa Motorcycles all-new range launched in India