Indian National Racing Championship 2018: Round 2 free practice sees Arjun Balu make a successful return
Alongside the 1st round of the 2018 Ameo Cup, this weekend of June 22-23 will also see races from the 2nd round of the Indian National Racing Championship take place at the Kari Motor Speedway in Coimbatore.
Arjun Balu quickest in Indian Touring Cars category (June 22)
These races kicked off on Friday with the practice sessions for the Indian Touring Cars and the MRF F1600 classes. For the touring cars class, the most notable development was the return of 43-year-old local, Arjun Balu, to competitive racing after a gap of five years. He made an impression on his return in his Race Concepts-prepared Honda City by topping the timesheets in both sessions. His best came in the second session when he clocked 01m 08.766s. Following him were were Arka Motorsports team-mates Ashish Ramaswamy from Bengaluru and veteran Narayanaswamy Leelakrishnan (Coimbatore).
Nabil Hussain quickest in Formula LGB 1300 category (June 22)
In the open-wheel MRF F1600 free practice sessions, Raghul Rangaswamy from Kancheepuram topped the first session and overall practice with a time of 1m 02.672s. The best time for the second session was by Chennai's Sandeep Kumar followed by Kolkata's Arya Singh, the 2017 Formula LGB 1300 champion. Ashwin Datta and Nirmal Umashanker, both from Chennai, topped off the top four places within a second of each other.
Raghul Rangasamy quickest in MRF F1600 category
Two combined practice sessions for Super Stock, Indian Junior Touring Cars and Esteem Cup cars were also held on Friday. Topping these was Race Concepts' Varun Anekar (Bengaluru). The last session was for the Formula LGB 1300 class, practice for the 19-car grid was topped by Nabil Hussain from M-Sport.
Starts Rs 8.58 Lakhs
- NewsIndia Baja 2018: Pre-scrutiny image gallery
- NewsHarley-Davidson India rolls out new Street to Softail trade-in offer
- NewsKerala floods: Nissan India offers service support to affected customers
- NewsHero MotoCorp re-enters used two-wheeler business with Hero Sure in India
- NewsMaruti Suzuki Ciaz facelift to get more safety features
- NewsTata Nexon compact SUV crosses the 50,000 production mark
- NewsAutomobili Pininfarina PF0 all-electric concept hypercar interior revealed
- NewsPorsche Panamera Turbo S E-Hybrid sets lap records at six racetracks including BIC
- NewsMercedes-Benz India and its dealers donate Rs 30 lakh to the CM's relief fund in Kerala
- NewsAtacama Rally 2018: Hero MotoSports' Oriol Mena finishes Stage 2 in 10th place, Joaquim Rodrigues 15th