Indian Oil begins doorstep delivery of diesel in India
Indian Oil Corporation Ltd (IOCL) has announced the commencement its home delivery of diesel service. This is the first of its kind, claims IOCL. According to its recent announcement on Twitter, the 'doorstep delivery of fuel' service will begin from Pune, Maharashtra and will be followed by other cities. While making the announcement, IOCL also posted an image of a fuel dispenser attached to a tanker truck. India's largest petroleum stated in a tweet: "Another milestone in customer convenience #FuelAtDoorstep. IndianOil launches FIRST OF ITS KIND PESO APPROVED Mobile dispenser for Door Delivery of Diesel to its esteemed customers at Pune". The fuel dispenser attached to the tanker looks the same as a dispenser you will find at any fuel station, and the tanker features large 'Fuel @ Doorstep' lettering on the sides.
IOCL has not yet announced any details of the service. What we do know is that it is a diesel-only service at the moment. This means it will benefit owners of large commercial vehicle fleets, saving the time and money spent in refueling from regular fuel stations. It will also bring easy fuel access to rural parts of the country where fuel stations are at a distant location. It can also benefit owners of private vehicles in case of an emergency.
However, IOCL has not yet given out other details of the service including if it will be charging a premium over standard fuel prices for the home delivery service, or how it will function. The service is currently only for diesel, as it far less combustible than petrol.
- News2018 MotoGP season comes to a dramatic end, Dovizioso wins 'two-part' rain soaked race
- News2018 JK NRC: Karthik Tharani wins 2018 Euro JK 18 championship
- NewsMarc Marquez dominates Sunday morning warm-up at Valencia for 2018 MotoGP season finale
- NewsVinales secures pole position for 2018 MotoGP season finale in Valencia, Marquez qualifies fifth despite crash
- News2018 JK NRC: Nayan Chatterjee and Karthik Tharani take Euro JK 18 championship down to the wire
- Review2018 TVS Radeon road test review
- News2018 Mahindra Alturas G4: Preliminary image gallery
- NewsVinod Dasari resigns as MD and CEO of Ashok Leyland
- Review2018 Kawasaki Ninja 400 road test review
- NewsSpec comparo: Jawa vs Royal Enfield Classic 350