Indian Oil begins doorstep delivery of diesel in India
Indian Oil Corporation Ltd (IOCL) has announced the commencement its home delivery of diesel service. This is the first of its kind, claims IOCL. According to its recent announcement on Twitter, the 'doorstep delivery of fuel' service will begin from Pune, Maharashtra and will be followed by other cities. While making the announcement, IOCL also posted an image of a fuel dispenser attached to a tanker truck. India's largest petroleum stated in a tweet: "Another milestone in customer convenience #FuelAtDoorstep. IndianOil launches FIRST OF ITS KIND PESO APPROVED Mobile dispenser for Door Delivery of Diesel to its esteemed customers at Pune". The fuel dispenser attached to the tanker looks the same as a dispenser you will find at any fuel station, and the tanker features large 'Fuel @ Doorstep' lettering on the sides.
IOCL has not yet announced any details of the service. What we do know is that it is a diesel-only service at the moment. This means it will benefit owners of large commercial vehicle fleets, saving the time and money spent in refueling from regular fuel stations. It will also bring easy fuel access to rural parts of the country where fuel stations are at a distant location. It can also benefit owners of private vehicles in case of an emergency.
However, IOCL has not yet given out other details of the service including if it will be charging a premium over standard fuel prices for the home delivery service, or how it will function. The service is currently only for diesel, as it far less combustible than petrol.
- News2018 INMRC: Jagan Kumar widens lead in the Super Sport category
- NewsLive updates: Vazirani Shul electric hypercar showcased in India
- NewsMaserati Ghibli Ribelle is an all-black limited edition offering for the EMEA markets
- News2018 Royal Enfield Continental GT 650 twin and Interceptor 650 twin prices out!
- NewsIsuzu D-Max V-Cross facelift spotted testing in India
- NewsTriumph India to launch six new motorcycles by June 2019
- NewsSkoda Kodiaq RS interiors revealed ahead of Paris Motor Show debut
- NewsLive Updates: Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 and Continental GT 650 global launch
- NewsTriumph India to launch Scrambler 1200 in January 2019, 5 other launches by June
- News2018 Royal Enfield Interceptor 650: The four things you wanted to know