India's 1st fully automated driving test centre inaugurated in Delhi
Minister of Transport, Kailash Gahlot, inaugurated India's first fully automated driving test centre (ADTC) at the regional transport office in Mayur Vihar Phase I, Delhi. Three more automated driving test centres were inaugurated at Vishwas Nagar, Sarai Kale Khan and Shakur Basti and eight more centres are in the pipeline. Maruti Suzuki India Limited has invested Rs 20 crore in building these centres. Although the department of transport in Delhi will operate the facility, Maruti Suzuki will maintain these centres during the next three years as part of its Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) activity.
The new ADTCs have scientifically designed the test track which is equipped with multiple high definition cameras to help the authorities evaluate applicants on 20 essential driving skills in regard to Central Motor Vehicle Rules.
The automated test facilities use biometric and radio frequency ID recognition system. The system will permit the applicants only at the pre-assigned timeslots. The Department of Transport, Delhi Government will continue to conduct the tests and issue driving licenses to qualifying applicants at all Centres.
On the occasion, Ajay Kumar Tomer, executive director (Corporate Planning), Maruti Suzuki said, "Road Safety is an important CSR intervention for Maruti Suzuki. We have been working in this area for over a decade through multiple interventions for improving road safety scenario in the country. Delhi Government's decision to adopt advanced technology to issue driving licences is an important step towards road safety."
- NewsSpec Comparo: Maruti Suzuki XL6 vs Honda BR-V vs Renault Lodgy
- News2019 Kia Seltos SUV launched in India - The prices start from Rs 9.69 lakh
- NewsMaruti Suzuki's some cars now offered with 5-year and 1 lakh kilometres standard warranty in India
- NewsLive Updates: Kia Seltos India launch updates, prices, details, features, variants, engines
- News2019 Isuzu D-max V-Cross pickup launched in India for the price of Rs 19.99 lakh