Indias first Electric Vehicle Expo to be held in Delhi
The country's first ever Electric Vehicle Expo is set to be inaugurated by Shri Nitin Gadkari, Union Minister of Road Transport and Highways on December 24, 2015. The Expo comes at a time when the country is looking at a paradigm shift in the way city residents commute in order to bring down dangerous levels of pollution.
The four day international Expo will be held at Pragati Maidan in Delhi and the timing could not be better as right now the city's government is all out to promote use of E-rickshaws and E- carts. Both are environment friendly options of city transport aimed to boost passenger safety and make India a pollution free country.1
The expo will help encourage the Government's objective to convert 10 per cent of two, three and four-wheeler vehicles on Indian roads into Hybrids or E-vehicles which makes E-rickshaws and E-carts hold special significance, said Mr. Rajiv Arora founder member Electric Rickshaw Manufacturers Association & Organizer EV-Expo.
Among all countries showcasing their products in the Expo, China has the highest number with over 22 Chinese companies showcasing their E-vehicles. The Chinese have also sent County mayor Mr. Shan Chanfeng to explore the market potential of E-vehicles in India.
The EV-Expo-2015 could be a significant platform needed to create market opportunities, explore and understand technical policies and create the right ecosystem for electric vehicles in the country and raise awareness about green transportation, said Mr. Anuj Sharma, chairman, E-rickshaw committee, Ministry of Road Transport and Highways.
- NewsImage gallery: Mahindra Racing M5Electro Formula E electric race car
- NewsMahindra Racing's M5Electro Formula E electric race car debuts in India ahead of 2019 season opener
- NewsSkoda India to hike prices across range from January 1, 2019
- NewsMaruti Suzuki registers five lakh cumulative CNG vehicle sales in India
- NewsTeams from Varanasi, Delhi and Vellore win Shell Eco Marathon India
- NewsMcLaren 720S Spider convertible revealed, locks horns with Ferrari 488
- News2019 Nissan GT-R prices for the U.S. market announced
- NewsTata Nexon SUV becomes first Indian-origin car to score five-star Global NCAP rating
- NewsShell India and Gordon Murray Design unveil pre-production OX Truck
- News2019 FIA F3 Championship: Jehan Daruvala to drive for Prema Racing