Infiniti reveals Q50 Eau Rouge concept before Detroit Auto Show
The Q50 Eau Rouge concept features considerable styling revisions and sits wider and lower to the ground
Infiniti has revealed the Q50 Eau Rouge concept ahead of its official unveil at the Detroit Auto Show. The car is essentially a sporty version of the Q50 sedan. This is no simple bumper and sticker job either and the company claims every body panel except the doors has been tweaked and the car sits lower and wider.
Inifiniti has taken considerable inspiration from the experience gleaned at their Formula One efforts for more effective aerodynamics. The sculpted front wings and rear aero package are said to have taken direct influence from the RB9 F1 car. The overall visage is an aggressive and angry one with huge air dams, plenty of carbon fire trim and delicious looking 21-inch wheels. The rear gets a dual exhaust, carbon fibre integrated spoiler and what's said to be a rather large integrated spoiler.
Going by past indication like the bonkers sounding Sebastian Vettel edition of the FX50 SUV you can expect something pretty special under the hood. That and those almost GTR-esque bonnet vents tease what could be some serious fire power. Infiniti isn't saying anything just yet and we'll have to wait for the official release in about ten days time.
Team OD | 11 Jan 2019
- NewsSpec Comparison: Honda CB300R vs BMW G 310 R vs KTM 250 Duke vs Bajaj Dominar 400
- Review2019 Jaguar F-Pace 2.0 petrol first drive review
- NewsDakar 2019: Hero Motorsports rider Oriol Mena breaks into the overall top 10 after Stage 8
- Review2019 Maruti Suzuki Ciaz facelift road test review
- NewsMaruti Suzuki's new 1.5-litre diesel motor to debut in February
- The Forum Art Gallery Residency
- The Hindu Photojournalism Awards
- Book Review: The Red Cat and Other Stories | Ritesh Uttamchandani