INRC K-1000 postponed to November
The fourth round of the Indian National Rally Championship, the K-1000 held in Bangalore, has been postponed. The event was supposed to be held between September 20 and 22, but is now scheduled to take place between November 8 and 10. The Karnataka Motor Sports Club has cited operationalChikamagalur reasons as the cause for postponing the event.
The long INRC break after Coimbatore just got longer with the K-1000 postponed to November
"This is unfortunate that we have to postpone the Rally. The INRC has had a fantastic first half and we want to continue in the same vein. The KMSC is committed to putting on a good show and we have all the confidence that the magic of the K-1000 will continue this year," said FMSCI President Vicky Chandhok. The K-1000 has been held for the last 38 years and is one of the most awaited rallies on the calendar.
Meanwhile, KMSC President Bharath Raj commented, "While we are disappointed that we will not be able to run the K-1000 next month, we are excited about ensuring the event lives up to the hype in November. We have already informed all participants and they have been very supportive. The K-1000 is extremely popular among all rallying drivers and fans and we are committed to putting on a great event come November. The K-1000 will have a completely new route this year which will challenge the competitors even more."
The promise of a new route that will challenge the competitors even more is something rather interesting. So far, the 2013 season of the INRC has seen a rather comprehensive domination by Amittrajit Ghosh and Gaurav Gill. A new winner might just result in a closer battle for the championship at the season finale to be held at Chikamagalur between November 19 and December 1.
- NewsAudi's new 2-litre race engine makes 610PS!
- NewsLive updates: 2019 Royal Enfield Bullet Trials 350 and 500 India launch
- NewsAston Martin DBS GT Zagato can be bought only with the the DB4 GT Zagato Continuation
- NewsMahindra's genuine spares will also be sold online on M2ALL.com
- NewsF1: Mick Schumacher to drive Ferrari SF90 at Bahrain test
- Wedding Photography Symposium
- Sony Better Photography Wedding Photographer of the Year 2018-19 Awards Night
- Sony BP WPOY 2018-19: Top 10 in The Joy of Light by Photoquip