Intermot 2016: 2017 Yamaha MT-09 revealed
At the Intermot 2016, Yamaha has showcased the 2017 MT-09 which borrows styling cues from the bigger MT-10. The first thing that catches your attention is the new twin-eye LED headlight which replaces the single-piece unit on the outgoing model. Also, the indicators are now placed on the radiator.
The radical design of the front-end fits in perfectly with the aggressive and tall stance of the motorcycle. The 2017 MT-09 retains the digital instrument console from its predecessor. At the rear, it gets a LED tail lamp and a new tail section which is 30mm shorter. The saddle height has increased by 5mm as it gets a new seat.
The 2017 MT-09 retains the same 8,50cc 3-cylinder liquid-cooled engine from its predecessor but has received a few updates. There's a new exhaust system, a slipper clutch and quickshifter. The new MT-09 also complies with the Euro-IV norms. The front forks offer compression damping and rebound adjustment.
Yamaha already sells the MT-09 in India. We expect the 2017 MT-09 to arrive on our shores around the middle of next year.
Here is a first look of the Yamaha MT-09
- NewsSpec Comparo: Maruti Suzuki XL6 vs Honda BR-V vs Renault Lodgy
- News2019 Kia Seltos SUV launched in India - The prices start from Rs 9.69 lakh
- NewsMaruti Suzuki's some cars now offered with 5-year and 1 lakh kilometres standard warranty in India
- NewsLive Updates: Kia Seltos India launch updates, prices, details, features, variants, engines
- News2019 Isuzu D-max V-Cross pickup launched in India for the price of Rs 19.99 lakh