Intermot 2016: BMW Motorrad to enter India in two stages
Heiner Faust, ?vice president - sales and marketing, BMW Motorrad, told OVERDRIVE exclusively at the Intermot show today that BMW Motorrad is looking at entering India in two steps. The first step - our sources say within the month - will include almost all of the current BMW Motorrad motorcycles excluding the G 310 R.
Faust indicated that Indian paperwork, homologation etc. is taking time and that means the Indian-made single-cylinder will come later. Our estimate is January 2017. Faust declined to confirm.
When asked about the possibility of leveraging the Thailand plant to offer good prices, a route Ducati and Triumph already use rather well, Faust smiled. He said, "I cannot tell you this thing."
The upshot is that most of the BMW line is set to arrive in India shortly. An official announcement is expected to reveal prices and dealers shortly. We are hoping for reasonable prices for mid-capacity motorcycles, as ever.
Starts Rs 16,65,000
- NewsMaruti Suzuki Vitara Brezza SUV gets a Sports Limited Edition package
- NewsFIA Formula E: Mahindra Racing returns to site of their first win - the Berlin ePrix
- NewsHyundai could offer 1.0-litre turbo-petrol engine in Elite i20 and Verna in near future
- NewsHyundai could debut N performance brand in India by 2022
- NewsIndia bound third-generation Toyota Corolla scores five stars in Euro NCAP