Intermot 2016: KTM reveals the all-new 1090 Adventure line
Austrian bike maker KTM has revealed the all-new 1090 Adventure along with its more extreme sibling, the 1090 Adventure R, at the ongoing 2016 Intermot show. The 1090 Adventure replaces the previous 1050 series of adventure motorcycles. It retains the same 1,050cc 75-degree V-twin motor but makes an additional 30PS over the previous iteration and now complies with Euro-IV emission regulations.
The regular KTM Adventure 1090 comes equipped with slipper clutch, three-way traction control and ride-by-wire technology. The design has been tweaked, but the chassis remains unchanged with 43mm WP front forks in the front, 850mm seat height and a 23-litre fuel tank. It comes with 110/70 R19 front and 150/70 R17 rear tyres.
The 1090 R gets 48mm forks with an additional travel of 35mm, making it 220mm compared to that of the regular version. The R version runs on 21-inch front wheels and 18-inch at the rear. This one gets Continental TKC80 Twinduro 90/90 R21 front and 150/70 R18 rear tyres. The braking duty is taken care of by dual 320mm Brembo discs and radial four-piston calipers. The Adventure gets four riding modes - Sport, Street, Rain and Off-road and multi-mode traction control. The R version also gets the frame and the crash bars painted in orange.
The KTM 1090 Adventure directly competes with the likes of the Honda Africa Twin and the Triumph Tiger Explorer.
- NewsImage gallery: 2020 Kia Sonet India unveil
- NewsAll-new Honda CBR600RR to be unveiled on August 21
- News2020 Kia Sonet SUV revealed: Everything you need to know
- NewsLive updates: 2020 Kia Sonet India reveal, details, specifications, features, engines, launch date and expected price
- News2020 Ferrari F8 Tributo launched in India, priced from Rs 4.02 crore