Intermot 2016: Triumph unveils the Bonneville T100
Triumph's latest range of retro bikes starts off with the Street Twin and moves onto the larger, more powerful Bonneville T120 and Thruxton. Now, Triumph has unveiled the new T100 that will sit below the T120 and be the most affordable Bonneville on sale.
Where the T120 uses a 1,200cc parallel twin, the T100 will use the liquid-cooled 900cc engine from the Street Twin and new Street Cub. The motor makes 55PS and 80Nm and uses a 5-speed gearbox. Visually, the bike cuts the same classic lines as the bigger Bonnie with a large fuel tank, retro-looking twin clocks, and a large and flat seat. There will be multiple customisation options on offer. Safety features include ABS and traction control while a torque-assist clutch makes things easier for the rider.
Triumph also offers the T100 Black which features blacked-out engine covers, wheel rims and a matt black finish on the exhaust. It makes good sense for Triumph to offer the new lower-spec Bonnie T100 in India, and we expect to see the bike here late this year or in early 2017.
Starts Rs 12,15,800
Starts Rs 8,87,400
- OpinionIs the Government of India unfair to the auto industry?
- News2020 Mahindra Thar to be launched on October 2, 2020
- NewsMercedes-Benz EQC electric SUV to be launched in India on October 8
- NewsKTM RC series gets new colours, prices remain unchanged
- NewsSuzuki V-Strom 160 adventure motorcycle in works?