Intermot 2018: Suzuki introduces 2019 GSX-R1000 and GSX-R1000R
Suzuki Motorcycles has revealed the 2019 Suzuki GSX-R1000 and GSX-R1000R at the International Motorcycle Fair - Intermot 2018 in Cologne, Germany. The Japanese motorcycle manufacturer has given its litre-class bike range minor updates for the 2019 model year. Among the major updates is a bi-directional quick shifter which now comes as standard on the base GSX-R1000, a feature only available on the GSX-R1000R earlier. Both the motorcycles are also upgraded with new stickier Bridgestone Racing Street RS11 tyres over the older RS10 now.
Suzuki has also added a variable swingarm pivot, which should speak to the track enthusiasts. There are two positions on the pivot, standard for street riding, and the other for more focussed track riding. Among the other changes are the front brake hoses, where rubber has been switched out for braided stainless steel to offer more consistent performance.
Visually not much has changed, other than the exhaust muffler which is now a black unit from the silver finish on its predecessor. Mechanically identical to its predecessor, the 2019 GSX-R1000 and GSX-R1000R come powered by the same 999.8cc liquid cooled inline four engine as its predecessor, which produces 202PS/117.6Nm.
Suzuki has also introduced new paint options on the GSX-R1000R, Metallic Triton Blue, Glass Sparkle Black / Pearl Mira Red, and Pearl Glacier White. These 2019 models should make their European debut early next and will be launched in India subsequently, likely at around the same price as the outgoing model.
Starts Rs 16,15,000
- NewsVolkswagen being investigated for selling pre-production cars to customers
- News50,000th BMW 310cc series motorcycle rolled out from Hosur plant
- News1,874 units of the Yamaha R3 recalled in India
- NewsThings to know about the 2019 Nissan Kicks India-spec SUV
- NewsTata Motors to increase prices by up to Rs 40,000 from January 1, 2019
- NewsTata Harrier SUV multi-city public preview to start form December 18
- NewsRefreshed 2019 BMW X1 SUV spotted testing in Europe
- NewsMahindra S201 sub-four-metre SUV nameplate to be revealed on December 19
- NewsProduction Toyota Supra leaked ahead of debut at 2019 Detroit Motor Show
- News2019 Kawasaki KLX140G launched in India at Rs 4.06 lakh