Intermot 2018: Suzuki introduces 2019 GSX-R1000 and GSX-R1000R
Suzuki Motorcycles has revealed the 2019 Suzuki GSX-R1000 and GSX-R1000R at the International Motorcycle Fair - Intermot 2018 in Cologne, Germany. The Japanese motorcycle manufacturer has given its litre-class bike range minor updates for the 2019 model year. Among the major updates is a bi-directional quick shifter which now comes as standard on the base GSX-R1000, a feature only available on the GSX-R1000R earlier. Both the motorcycles are also upgraded with new stickier Bridgestone Racing Street RS11 tyres over the older RS10 now.
Suzuki has also added a variable swingarm pivot, which should speak to the track enthusiasts. There are two positions on the pivot, standard for street riding, and the other for more focussed track riding. Among the other changes are the front brake hoses, where rubber has been switched out for braided stainless steel to offer more consistent performance.
Visually not much has changed, other than the exhaust muffler which is now a black unit from the silver finish on its predecessor. Mechanically identical to its predecessor, the 2019 GSX-R1000 and GSX-R1000R come powered by the same 999.8cc liquid cooled inline four engine as its predecessor, which produces 202PS/117.6Nm.
Suzuki has also introduced new paint options on the GSX-R1000R, Metallic Triton Blue, Glass Sparkle Black / Pearl Mira Red, and Pearl Glacier White. These 2019 models should make their European debut early next and will be launched in India subsequently, likely at around the same price as the outgoing model.
Starts Rs 16,15,000
- NewsINRC 2019: Younus Ilyas wins a closely fought Sprint de Bengaluru
- NewsRoyal Enfield Bullet Trials 350 and Bullet Trials 500 launched in India at Rs 1.62 lakh and Rs 2.07 lakh respectively
- News2019 Bajaj Platina 100 KS launched in India at Rs 40,500
- News2019 FIM Bajas World Cup: Raorane 27th, Pissay 29th at Baja do Pinhal
- NewsAudi's new 2-litre race engine makes 610PS!
- Wedding Photography Symposium
- Sony Better Photography Wedding Photographer of the Year 2018-19 Awards Night
- Sony BP WPOY 2018-19: Top 10 in The Joy of Light by Photoquip