IOMTT 2017: Ian Hutchinson wins Superstock race
Ian Hutchinson took his 16th career TT victory, with a win at the four-lap Superstock race at the Isle of Man yesterday. The Tyco BMW rider won by 22 seconds from Peter Hickman who finished second. It was Hutchy's fifth victory in the Superstock class, which makes him the most successful rider in the category. Third place went to Dan Kneen, who took his first ever podium finish at the Isle of Man.
Ian Hutchinson (BMW/Tyco BMW) at Sulby during the RL360 Quantum Superstock TT Race. (PICTURE BY DAVE KNEEN/PACEMAKER PRESS)
The victory was Hutchinson's second of the week, after he also won the first Superbike race of the 2017 Isle of Man TT. Hutchy managed to claim the lead on the first lap, continuing to get faster as the race progressed. Hutchinson clocked two laps that were over 131mph, setting the fastest lap of the race along the way (131.639mph). Hutchy was delighted after the race, especially since he only managed to put in one lap on the motorcycle during practice.
Ian Hutchinson flanked by Dan Kneen and Peter Hickman after the Superstock race at the 2017 IOMTT
The fact that Hickman, Kneen, and Rutter finished second, third and fourth ensured that BMW filled the top four positions during the race. Fifth place went to Dean Harrison astride a Kawasaki, while Michael Dunlop ended sixth and William Dunlop ended seventh.
- OpinionOn OVERDRIVE turning twenty...
- Review2018 Lexus ES 300h first drive review
- NewsThe OVERDRIVE 24 Hours Performance Run is coming your way this weekend
- NewsFerrari lays out plans till 2022, will build 'Purosangue' SUV
- News2019 Suzuki Katana to be unveiled on October 2 at the Intermot show
- News2018 Mercedes-Benz C-Class launched in India at Rs 40 lakh
- NewsNew-gen Honda CR-V to be launched in India on October 9
- NewsLive updates: 2018 Mercedes-Benz C-Class facelift India launch
- NewsImage gallery: Mercedes-AMG A35 revealed
- NewsMercedes-AMG A35 hot hatchback revealed ahead of Paris Motor Show