IOMTT 2017: Ian Hutchinson wins Superstock race
Ian Hutchinson took his 16th career TT victory, with a win at the four-lap Superstock race at the Isle of Man yesterday. The Tyco BMW rider won by 22 seconds from Peter Hickman who finished second. It was Hutchy's fifth victory in the Superstock class, which makes him the most successful rider in the category. Third place went to Dan Kneen, who took his first ever podium finish at the Isle of Man.
Ian Hutchinson (BMW/Tyco BMW) at Sulby during the RL360 Quantum Superstock TT Race. (PICTURE BY DAVE KNEEN/PACEMAKER PRESS)
The victory was Hutchinson's second of the week, after he also won the first Superbike race of the 2017 Isle of Man TT. Hutchy managed to claim the lead on the first lap, continuing to get faster as the race progressed. Hutchinson clocked two laps that were over 131mph, setting the fastest lap of the race along the way (131.639mph). Hutchy was delighted after the race, especially since he only managed to put in one lap on the motorcycle during practice.
Ian Hutchinson flanked by Dan Kneen and Peter Hickman after the Superstock race at the 2017 IOMTT
The fact that Hickman, Kneen, and Rutter finished second, third and fourth ensured that BMW filled the top four positions during the race. Fifth place went to Dean Harrison astride a Kawasaki, while Michael Dunlop ended sixth and William Dunlop ended seventh.
- News810PS all-electric Hyundai RM20e prototype showcases future N brand potential
- FeaturesSpecial feature: Tasting spicy delicacies of Maharashtra in Hyundai Verna
- NewsIndia-bound 2021 Mercedes-Benz E-Class LWB facelift revealed
- FeaturesProduct review: BOSCH GDS 18V-EC 250 impact wrench
- NewsAuto China 2020: Honda SUV e:concept previews China-focused EV