IOMTT 2017: Ian Hutchinson wins Superstock race
Ian Hutchinson took his 16th career TT victory, with a win at the four-lap Superstock race at the Isle of Man yesterday. The Tyco BMW rider won by 22 seconds from Peter Hickman who finished second. It was Hutchy's fifth victory in the Superstock class, which makes him the most successful rider in the category. Third place went to Dan Kneen, who took his first ever podium finish at the Isle of Man.
Ian Hutchinson (BMW/Tyco BMW) at Sulby during the RL360 Quantum Superstock TT Race. (PICTURE BY DAVE KNEEN/PACEMAKER PRESS)
The victory was Hutchinson's second of the week, after he also won the first Superbike race of the 2017 Isle of Man TT. Hutchy managed to claim the lead on the first lap, continuing to get faster as the race progressed. Hutchinson clocked two laps that were over 131mph, setting the fastest lap of the race along the way (131.639mph). Hutchy was delighted after the race, especially since he only managed to put in one lap on the motorcycle during practice.
Ian Hutchinson flanked by Dan Kneen and Peter Hickman after the Superstock race at the 2017 IOMTT
The fact that Hickman, Kneen, and Rutter finished second, third and fourth ensured that BMW filled the top four positions during the race. Fifth place went to Dean Harrison astride a Kawasaki, while Michael Dunlop ended sixth and William Dunlop ended seventh.
- NewsINRC 2018: Popular Rally in Kochi to see three-way champonship tussle
- NewsDucati enters pre-owned motorcycle segment in India with Ducati Approved
- FeaturesTata Harrier: Things you will like
- NewsMcLaren commissions six special edition cars to celebrate racing heritage
- FeaturesOverview: Tata Harrier's OMEGA architecture
- NewsBookings open for the 2019 Nissan Kicks SUV
- NewsJawa Jawa and Jawa Forty-Two video: Exhaust note, top speed, design and features explained
- ReviewJawa Jawa first ride review
- NewsLive updates: Jawa Jawa and Jawa Forty-Two ridden in India
- News2019 Yamaha Saluto RX 110, Saluto 125 UBS launched in India at Rs 52,000