IOMTT 2017: Michael Rutter claims victory in Lightweight Supertwins race
It was a start-to-finish victory for Michael Rutter at the Isle of Man TT's Lightweight Supertwins race on Wednesday. 45-year-old Rutter claimed victory by 8.8 seconds astride his Paton. It was Rutter's fifth TT win. His other race wins at the TT include three TT Zero wins and one Supersport win.
Michael Rutter (Paton/Paton SC-Project Reparto Corse) at Ginger Hall during the Bennetts Lightweight TT Race. (PICTURE BY DAVE KNEEN/PACEMAKER PRESS)
Second place went to Martin Jessopp, while Peter Hickman took third place. The podium was Hickman's fourth of the week. It's been a good week for the rider who never had a single podium finish at the Isle until the 2017 season - where he's already notched up two second-place finishes and two third positions (including this one).
Rutter's time was 7.4 seconds faster than the previous record that had been set by Ivan Lintin. During the early stages of the race, however, it was Italian rider Stefano Bonetti who was second. However, Bonetti would eventually retire at Creg Ny Baa.
Fourth place went to Lintin, while fifth place went to Daniel Cooper. Joshua Brookes took sixth place, while Michael Dunlop finished seventh. Eighth place went to James Cowton, while ninth place went to Michael Sweeney, with Jamie Hodson rounding off the top ten.
- News2019 Kawasaki Ninja 300 ABS launched in India at Rs 2.98 lakh
- NewsBMW G 310 R: Three things you'll like and two you won't
- NewsBMW G 310 GS: Three things you'll like and two you won't
- ReviewBMW G 310 GS first ride review
- ReviewBMW G 310 R first ride review
- NewsBMW G 310 R and G 310 GS official accessories from BMW Motorrad India
- News2018 Honda Navi gets two new colours, priced at Rs. 44,775
- NewsBMW G 310 R and G 310 GS service costs and warranty
- NewsImage gallery: BMW G 310 R launched in India at Rs 2.99 lakh
- NewsVolkswagen Motorsport partners with Wheels India to develop new forged alloy wheels for the Vento TC4-A touring car