IOMTT 2017: Michael Rutter claims victory in Lightweight Supertwins race
It was a start-to-finish victory for Michael Rutter at the Isle of Man TT's Lightweight Supertwins race on Wednesday. 45-year-old Rutter claimed victory by 8.8 seconds astride his Paton. It was Rutter's fifth TT win. His other race wins at the TT include three TT Zero wins and one Supersport win.
Michael Rutter (Paton/Paton SC-Project Reparto Corse) at Ginger Hall during the Bennetts Lightweight TT Race. (PICTURE BY DAVE KNEEN/PACEMAKER PRESS)
Second place went to Martin Jessopp, while Peter Hickman took third place. The podium was Hickman's fourth of the week. It's been a good week for the rider who never had a single podium finish at the Isle until the 2017 season - where he's already notched up two second-place finishes and two third positions (including this one).
Rutter's time was 7.4 seconds faster than the previous record that had been set by Ivan Lintin. During the early stages of the race, however, it was Italian rider Stefano Bonetti who was second. However, Bonetti would eventually retire at Creg Ny Baa.
Fourth place went to Lintin, while fifth place went to Daniel Cooper. Joshua Brookes took sixth place, while Michael Dunlop finished seventh. Eighth place went to James Cowton, while ninth place went to Michael Sweeney, with Jamie Hodson rounding off the top ten.
- NewsNissan may drop Datsun brand as part of global revamp
- NewsDucati Panigale V2 - The 959 Panigale replacement has been showcased
- NewsDucati Streetfighter V4 is a 208PS monster!
- NewsTokyo Motor Show 2019: Two-seater all-electric Toyota Ultra-compact BEV showcased
- NewsTokyo Motor Show 2019: 250cc four-cylinder Kawaski Ninja ZX-25R showcased