IOMTT 2018: Manx rider Dan Kneen dies after crashing in Superbike TT qualifying
The 2018 Isle of Man TT has just barely begun, and it's already turned sombre. Dan Kneen, a 30-year-old rider from Onchan in the Isle of Man, suffered a fatal crash during the Superbike qualifying session at the Isle of Man. He had an incident at Churchtown, on the first lap of the qualifying session, and, according to a statement released by ACU Events Ltd, "died at the scene of the incident".
Manxman Dan Kneen has become the Isle of Man TT 2018's first fatality.
Dan had debuted at the mountain course back in 2008, when he competed in the Manx Grand Prix. He won three races there that year - the Junior, the Newcomers C and the Ultra Lightweight MGP Races.
Kneen's first TT podium came after the 2017 Superstock Race, where he finished third. He set his fastest official lap of 130.347mph which he set in last year's Superstock Race. He had recorded a lap of 132.258mph (17:06.994) in the 2018 Superbike Qualifying session in which he died.
Dan Kneen's death is yet another reminder of the grim realities of an event like the TT. Our condolences to his family and friends.
- NewsNew-generation Maruti Suzuki Ertiga teased in pre-launch video
- News2018 Datsun Go and Go Plus in South Africa: Top five facts
- NewsHonda Brio hatchback discontinued in India
- News2018 Lamborghini SC18 unveiled, its first one-off car
- NewsWRC 2018: Ogier clinches sixth title as Latvala wins Rally Australia
- NewsNissan Motor Co chairman Carlos Ghosn faces arrest by Japan authorities over financial violations allegations
- NewsVolkswagen India asked to deposit Rs 100 crores by the NGT over Dieselgate
- NewsSpied: 2019 Mercedes-Benz CLA sedan caught testing
- ReviewHero Xtreme 200R vs TVS Apache RTR 160 4v comparison test
- NewsMahindra Marazzo MPV prices to increase by up to Rs 40,000 from January 2019