Is Fiat working on a Toyota Fortuner/Ford Endeavour rival?
Fiat is reportedly working on a new D-segment SUV that will fit in the same segment as the Toyota Fortuner, Ford Endeavour and the Mitsubishi Pajero Sport. The Fiat Toro SUV will be based on the pick-up that will be unveiled later this year. The Fiat Toro pick-up is believed to be developed only for the Brazilian market and will be manufactured at the company's Pernambuco plant. It will also go on sale in the South American markets later this year.
According to a Brazilian publication, the design of the Fiat Toro SUV will be similar to that of the pick-up with minor tweaks to accommodate the longer roofline. The cabin layout of the SUV will also be similar to the pick-up. Considering the large dimensions that the Toro SUV might have, Fiat will offer it in five-and seven-seater options. It will also come loaded with Fiat's latest Uconnect infotainment system along with a brand-new multi-information screen on the instrumentation cluster. The publication also reported that features such as panoramic sunroof, reverse parking sensors and seven airbags will come as standard on all the variants.
The powertrain options that might be offered in the Fiat Toro SUV include a 1.8-litre petrol motor which makes 170PS of power. This motor will be paired to a 6-speed automatic transmission. In addition, it will feature a 2.0-litre Multijet diesel engine which powers the Toro pick-up. This motor will be mated to a 6-speed manual transmission or a ZF 9-speed automatic and will be available in both drivetrains.
The Fiat Toro will debut in the international markets later this year. However, it is still not clear whether FCA plans to bring it to India or not. FCA India is already working on an all-new SUV which is scheduled to go into production by mid-2017.
Starts Rs 25.65 Lakhs
Starts Rs 27.27 Lakhs
Starts Rs 24.98 Lakhs
- FeaturesBean counters: Observations from the 2018 Rally of Chikmagalur
- NewsINRC 2019: Champions Group announced as new promoters for national rally championship beginning 2019
- News2018 INMRC: TVS Racing's Jagan Kumar wins the Super Sport 165cc championship
- News2019 Suzuki Hayabusa bookings open in India at Rs 1 lakh
- NewsDroom hosts India's first pre-owned automotive awards
- NewsNew Land Rover Defender teased, will debut in 2019
- NewsMahindra XUV300 SUV is the official name of S201, to be launched in February 2019
- NewsLive updates: Mahindra S201 sub-four-metre SUV name announcement
- News2019 Honda Civic spotted testing in India ahead of launch
- NewsVolkswagen ID electric hatchback begins testing, to have 550 km range