Is the TVS version of the BMW G 310 R going to be at Auto Expo 2016?
BMW has revealed the G 310 R at the EICMA show in Milan earlier. The G 310 R, of course, is the motorcycle that BMW and TVS were working on together.
The BMW-TVS arrangement has slowly emerged over the last two and a half years. BMW is responsible for the R&D and quality control of the production while TVS will actually produce the motorcycles. Both manufacturers are expected to have their own branded, priced and positioned products to be sold through their own dealer networks in India.
We understand that while production of the early batches of the BMW G 310 R may have begun at Hosur, the first bikes aren't meant for India. The BMW might be launched in India only in the middle of 2016.
The TVS version is expected to be cheaper in price and will probably show up even later. However, the TVS Victor and perhaps a concept model based on the G 310 R are what the TVS stand at the Auto Expo will boast.
The BMW G 310 R uses a 313cc, 34PS single cylinder engine and we expect the TVS model to retain this engine. TVS may alter the gearing to create a different feel but we suspect that the price and positioning difference between the two models will come from suspension, chassis and other aggregates that will create the different price and position for the new model.
The BMW G 310 R and the TVS version of that motorcycle, of course, are the first from their platform. So expect more variations on the platform - most likely a sportsbike and an adventure tourer - in the years to come.
Starts Rs 2,99,000
Starts Rs 53,295
- News2019 Land Rover Discovery Sport launched in India at Rs 44.68 lakh, more powerful diesel option added
- NewsImage gallery: Koeniggsegg Regera KNC
- NewsHonda X-Blade launched with ABS at Rs 87,776
- NewsThis is the most outrageous Koenigsegg Regera hypercar yet
- News2019 BMW X4 coupe-SUV spotted testing in India, launch early next year
- NewsAutomobili Pininfarina's 1900PS hypercar will be called Battista
- NewsNissan Kicks SUV bookings to open on December 14
- NewsDiscounts of up to Rs 50,000 offered on BMW G 310 R and G 310 GS
- NewsIndian FTR 1200 launched in India at Rs 14.99 lakh, deliveries April 2019 onwards
- NewsLive updates: 2019 India-spec Nissan Kicks