Is this TVS Apache RR 310-based 2019 BMW G310RR supersport real?
Only recently has BMW Motorrad India launched the BMW G 310 R and the G 310 GS in the country. However, what we were really missing was a BMW S1000RR-style fully-faired motorcycle in the range. And this could be it. The 2019 BMW G310RR supersport was spotted for the first time at the BMW Motorrad Days in Japan. The BMW G 310 RR supersport is literally dripping in carbon fibre. Every body panel you see seems to have been made of the stuff. While it would be wishful thinking to expect this exact motorcycle on the road, we can certainly hope that a special G310RR Carbon or Race edition to this spec is sold at some point. The motorcycle also reminds us of the original TVS Akula concept, which was first showcased at the 2016 Auto Expo.
If and when this motorcycle comes to the country, it will compete with the likes of the Kawasaki Ninja 300, and KTM RC390, and of course, the TVS Apache RR 310 it is based on. We can't tell if this 2019 BMW G310RR supersport is the genuine article, but it does give us a fair idea as to what we can expect from the BMW Motorrad stables in the future.
The motorcycle features a tail resemblant of its TVS cousin, but opts for an underseat exhaust. The seat itself is just a thin piece of foam, as seen on race bikes, and the headlamps are just stickers. The other change is the front, with clip-on handlebars, where the G 310 R features a flat one-piece. This G3100RR supersport announces itself with loud stickering on the side of the fairing, which comes inspired by the fairing of the S100RR.
What we do know is that this G310RR supersport is a showcase of BMW's carbon fibre processing capabilties.
Starts Rs 2,23,000
Starts Rs 2,99,000
Starts Rs 2,98,000
Team OD | 23 Jan 2019
Team OD | 21 Jan 2019
- NewsMercedes-Benz launches V-Class in India at Rs 68.40 lakh
- NewsLive updates: 2019 Mercedes-Benz V-Class MPV India launch
- NewsTriumph Factory Custom Thruxton unveiled, will be a limited edition offering
- NewsSpec Comparo: Tata Harrier v Jeep Compass v Hyundai Creta v Mahindra XUV500 v Renault Captur
- NewsOver 12,000 bookings for the third-gen Maruti Suzuki WagonR
- The Forum Art Gallery Residency
- The Hindu Photojournalism Awards
- Book Review: The Red Cat and Other Stories | Ritesh Uttamchandani