Is this TVS Apache RR 310-based 2019 BMW G310RR supersport real?
Only recently has BMW Motorrad India launched the BMW G 310 R and the G 310 GS in the country. However, what we were really missing was a BMW S1000RR-style fully-faired motorcycle in the range. And this could be it. The 2019 BMW G310RR supersport was spotted for the first time at the BMW Motorrad Days in Japan. The BMW G 310 RR supersport is literally dripping in carbon fibre. Every body panel you see seems to have been made of the stuff. While it would be wishful thinking to expect this exact motorcycle on the road, we can certainly hope that a special G310RR Carbon or Race edition to this spec is sold at some point. The motorcycle also reminds us of the original TVS Akula concept, which was first showcased at the 2016 Auto Expo.
If and when this motorcycle comes to the country, it will compete with the likes of the Kawasaki Ninja 300, and KTM RC390, and of course, the TVS Apache RR 310 it is based on. We can't tell if this 2019 BMW G310RR supersport is the genuine article, but it does give us a fair idea as to what we can expect from the BMW Motorrad stables in the future.
The motorcycle features a tail resemblant of its TVS cousin, but opts for an underseat exhaust. The seat itself is just a thin piece of foam, as seen on race bikes, and the headlamps are just stickers. The other change is the front, with clip-on handlebars, where the G 310 R features a flat one-piece. This G3100RR supersport announces itself with loud stickering on the side of the fairing, which comes inspired by the fairing of the S100RR.
What we do know is that this G310RR supersport is a showcase of BMW's carbon fibre processing capabilties.
Starts Rs 2,23,000
Starts Rs 2,99,000
Starts Rs 2,98,000
Team OD | 14 Sep 2018
- Review2018 Lexus ES 300h first drive review
- NewsThe OVERDRIVE 24 Hours Performance Run is coming your way this weekend
- NewsFerrari lays out plans till 2022, will build 'Purosangue' SUV
- News2019 Suzuki Katana to be unveiled on October 2 at the Intermot show
- News2018 Mercedes-Benz C-Class launched in India at Rs 40 lakh
- NewsNew-gen Honda CR-V to be launched in India on October 9
- NewsLive updates: 2018 Mercedes-Benz C-Class facelift India launch
- NewsImage gallery: Mercedes-AMG A35 revealed
- NewsMercedes-AMG A35 hot hatchback revealed ahead of Paris Motor Show
- NewsAprilia studying the Indian market to introduce 125cc-150cc motorcycles