Isuzu India launches the new D-Max V-Cross at Rs 12.49 lakh
Isuzu India has launched the new D-Max V-Cross at Rs 12.49 lakh (ex-Chennai). The on-road price for this lifestyle offering is Rs 15.20 lakh. It is billed as an Adventure Utility Vehicle, and Isuzu is targeting customers who like a vehicle that has a lot more luggage carrying capacity than an SUV.
The pick-up comes with a 2.5-litre, 136PS engine that develops 320 Nm @ 1,800-2,800rpm. The engine conforms to BS-IV norms. The 4WD system is of the shift-on-the-fly type. Isuzu says that the chassis frame is designed using its iGRIP (Isuzu Gravity Response Intelligent Programme) which keeps the body roll in check when driving around tight bends.
Design wise, it looks like the standard D-Max, but the distinguishing bits include a beefed up look, higher ground clearance, 16-inch alloy wheels, roof rails, chrome finished front grille, ORVM and door handle.
The interior features steering-mounted audio controls, 7-inch touchscreen infotainment system and automatic climate control. The front seats feature six-way adjustability to ensure a comfortable driving position. The cabin also has nifty storage spaces, like the split glove box and a storage bin under the central arm rest. There are compartments on the door trimmings too. The D-Max gets dual front airbags and ISOFIX anchors for child seats. Isuzu adds that the open deck presents greater load carrying capacity than an SUV.
The new D-Max V-Cross will be produced at the Isuzu's new factory in Sri City, Andhra Pradesh. We drove the D-Max V-Cross around a designated course. You can read our preview on the new D-Max V-Cross here.
Meanwhile, for the comprehensive road test watch this space.
Starts Rs 15.32 Lakhs
- NewsSpec comparo: Honda CBR650R v Suzuki GSX-S750 v Kawasaki Ninja 650 v Triumph Street Triple S
- NewsMaruti Suzuki Alto 800 facelift launched at Rs 2.93 lakh, comes with BSVI compliant engine
- NewsHonda Amaze VX CVT launched in India at Rs 8.56 lakh, ex-showroom
- OpinionOff-Road Driving - The Right Way
- NewsHonda CB650R street naked motorcycle on cards for the Indian market?
- Wedding Photography Symposium
- Sony Better Photography Wedding Photographer of the Year 2018-19 Awards Night
- Sony BP WPOY 2018-19: Top 10 in The Joy of Light by Photoquip