Isuzu Motors India appoints Naohiro Yamaguchi as its new MD
After HCIL, Isuzu Motors India has now made some changes to its management. Naohiro Yamaguchi has been appointed as the new managing director while Hiroyasu Miura will be the new chairman.
Yamaguchi replaces Takashi Kikuchi who has been with the company ever since it came to India. Before being appointed as the new MD of Isuzu India, Yamaguchi was the general manager, LCV sales project department at Isuzu Japan. Miura in the meanwhile was the executive officer and in-charge of the company's manufacturing engineering planning department, vehicle manufacturing and new business development at Isuzu Japan.
Kikuchi has been instrumental in shaping Isuzu's business in India. He was the key player in the tie-up between Hindustan Motors and Isuzu for using the former's facility for CKD assembly. Isuzu's upcoming facility at Sricity, which should be ready by 2016, has also been handled by Kikuchi.
Takashi Kikuchi said, "It has been a very interesting journey so far in India and I am very happy that Isuzu Motors India has seized the right opportunity in the market. With the strong focus on quality, Isuzu will make a very interesting impact in the Indian automobile industry. While I shall be taking over a new responsibility, I will be keenly watching the progress at IMI in my capacity as part-time board member of IMI and otherwise. Also, as I shall take-over the charge of Isuzu's manufacturing plant in Thailand which is the principle manufacturer of Isuzu pick-up trucks and SUVs, globally, I look forward to supporting the Indian operations in all ways."
- NewsNissan Motor Co chairman Carlos Ghosn faces arrest by Japan authorities over financial violations allegations
- NewsVolkswagen India asked to deposit Rs 100 crores by the NGT over Dieselgate
- NewsSpied: 2019 Mercedes-Benz CLA sedan caught testing
- ReviewHero Xtreme 200R vs TVS Apache RTR 160 4v comparison test
- NewsMahindra Marazzo MPV prices to increase by up to Rs 40,000 from January 2019
- News2018 MotoGP season comes to a dramatic end, Dovizioso wins 'two-part' rain soaked race
- News2018 JK NRC: Karthik Tharani wins 2018 Euro JK 18 championship
- NewsMarc Marquez dominates Sunday morning warm-up at Valencia for 2018 MotoGP season finale
- NewsVinales secures pole position for 2018 MotoGP season finale in Valencia, Marquez qualifies fifth despite crash
- News2018 JK NRC: Nayan Chatterjee and Karthik Tharani take Euro JK 18 championship down to the wire