Isuzu MU-X launched in India at Rs 23.99 lakh
Isuzu's most luxurious offering, the MU-X, has been finally launched in India. Priced at Rs 23.99 lakh (ex-Delhi) for the 4X2 trim, and available in two trims, the Isuzu MU-X SUV will give cars like the Hyundai Tucson and Honda CR-V a tough competition. However, its segment rivals are the Toyota Fortuner and Ford Endeavour. The 4X4 variant is priced at Rs 25.99 lakh. The car will be assembled at the company's newly opened facility in Sri City, Andhra Pradesh. It also replaces the old MU-7 SUV. The Isuzu MU-X shares its underpinnings with the acclaimed Isuzu D-Max V-Cross. In fact, the MU-X is Isuzu's version of the Chevrolet Trailblazer SUV.
The Isuzu MU-X shares its underpinnings with the acclaimed Isuzu D-Max V-Cross
The SUV has a 3.0-litre turbo-diesel engine under the hood that makes 177PS/380Nm. Power is transferred to all four wheels through a 5-speed automatic transmission in the 4X4 trim. Isuzu doesn't offer a manual option yet on the MU-X. Isuzu claims a fuel efficiency of 13.8kmpl from the MU-X 4X2.
The off-roading capabilities of this SUV are similar to that of the D-Max V-Cross, and it also gets a shift on-the-fly 4X4 option. Isuzu offers dual airbags, ABS, ESC and traction control as safety aids on the new MU-X.
On the appearance front, the MU-X is different from the D-Max V-Cross and, in fact, is one of the only SUVs in this segment to still subscribe to the old-school butch design. Like its donor car, the MU-X too gets projector headlamps, LED strips on the lower half of the front bumper, and chrome accents on the front and rear bumper. The 17-inch multi-spoke diamond-cut alloy wheels gel well with the overall stance of the SUV.
The 17-inch multi-spoke diamond-cut alloy wheels gel well with the overall stance of the SUV
Inside the cabin, you see a piano-black dashboard, leather seats with power adjustment for the driver, 7-inch touchscreen infotainment system which is compatible with leading smartphone operating systems, 10-inch DVD screen mounted on the roof and three-row air conditioning. The MU-X has 235 litres of boot space with all the rows in place, 878 litres with the third row down, and a huge 1,830 litres with the second and third rows folded.
Starts Rs 24.84 Lakhs
Starts Rs 23.99 Lakhs
Starts Rs 25.65 Lakhs
Starts Rs 22.29 Lakhs
Starts Rs 18 Lakhs
Starts Rs 14.32 Lakhs
Starts Rs 26.2 Lakhs
- NewsRoyal Enfield Interceptor 650 and Continental GT 650 export to Australia begins, India launch later in 2018
- NewsMahindra Adventure season 8 calendar for 2018 announced
- News2018 Mahindra XUV500 facelift to be launched in April
- News2018 Honda CB Shine SP, Livo, and Dream Yuga commuter motorcycles launched in India
- News2018 Honda CBR250R launched in India at Rs 1.63 lakh
- NewsMotoGP 2018: Andrea Dovizioso wins thrilling season opener at Qatar
- News2018 Maruti Suzuki Desert Storm flagged off in Noida
- NewsHero MotoSports Team Rally's Hero 450 RR to make Indian debut at 2018 Desert Storm
- News2018 TVS Apache RTR 160 4V Image Gallery
- Review2018 TVS Apache RTR 160 4V first ride review