Isuzu MU-X to be launched in India on May 11, 2017
Isuzu might have not had a smooth run in the premium SUV space with the MU-7, but that does not seem to be stopping the Japanese manufacturer from bringing in more products. The company has already seen success with the D-Max commercial and V-Cross lifestyle pick-ups. And now the company is all set to bring in the MU-X SUV on May 11. 2017. The premium SUV will be a modern replacement of the MU-7 SUV in India.
While the pre-facelift model MU-X looked almost identical to the V-Cross, the facelifted version looks even sportier. The headlights have been redesigned and so is the radiator grille which gets a generous chrome treatment. The bumper, in the international-spec model, featured LED DRLs which we believe will make it to India as well. The Isuzu MU-X measures 4,825mm in length, 1,860mm in width and 1,825mm in height, making is shorter and lower than the V-Cross. Additionally, the V-Cross has a longer wheelbase with a greater ground clearance.
The cabin layout and design of the Isuzu MU-X is identical to that of the D-Max. While the design looks simple and minimalistic, it might not be able to justify its premium price tag, as there are SUVs that are positioned lower but come with better equipment list. The features list that we have seen in the D-Max will be carried on the MU-X as well. But unlike the pick-up, there might be more than one variant of the MU-X.
The MU-X sold in the international markets comes with a 3.0-litre motor that makes 177PS at 3,600rpm and 380Nm at 1,800-2,800rpm. However, Isuzu might bring in the MU-X with the same motor as the MU-7. The MU-X will be offered with a 5-speed manual and a 5-speed automatic transmission options.
Last year, Isuzu India opened its first manufacturing facility in Sri City in Andhra Pradesh. The company has invested Rs 3,000 crore in this plant. We believe Isuzu will use this plant to assemble the MU-X in India. This along with an updated motor from the MU-7 will help Isuzu price the MU-X in the range of Rs 23-27 lakh.
Starts Rs 24.84 Lakhs
- NewsWorld Ducati Week: Bayliss, Lorenzo, Dovizioso to battle it out in Race of Champions
- News2018 BMW 6 Series GT diesel launched in India at Rs 66.50 lakh
- News2018 Mahindra TUV300 Plus variants explained
- Features2018 TVS Apache RTR 160 4V longterm review: Introduction
- News2019 Hyundai Elantra facelift spotted testing again in South Korea
- ReviewMercedes-AMG C 43 4Matic Cabriolet first drive review
- ReviewMercedes-Benz 2018 C 200 first drive review
- NewsVolvo S60 sedan unveiled internationally, to rival Mercedes C-Class
- NewsGaurav Gill's 2017 Team MRF Skoda Fabia R5 immortalized in scale model form
- NewsKTM RC200 now available with a black colour option