J Prithiviraj elected president of the FMSCI
J Prithiviraj has been elected president of the Federation of Motor Sports Clubs of India (FMSCI) at the body's annual general meeting earlier today. Prithiviraj, who is part of the Coimbatore Auto Sports Club (CASC), has served as President of the FMSCI for one year - 2014 - in the past. He was unanimously elected to the post, taking over from outgoing president Akbar Ebrahim, who has served out his two-year term at the helm of the governing body of Indian motorsport.
File photo of newly elected FMSCI president, J Prithiviraj
Shivu Shivappa of the Karnataka Motor Sports Club (KMSC) has been elected as the vice-president of the FMSCI, also being elected unopposed.
In addition to the president and the vice-president, the council members were also elected to the FMSCI. The eight elected council members are: Vicky Chandhok (MMSC), Farokh Commissariat (IARC), Sita Raina (CMSC), Akbar Ebrahim (Meco MS), Arindam Ghosh (RRPM), Farooq Ahmed (MSCC), B Vijaykumar (Spitfire MS) and Sanjay Sharma (PCRT).
Soon after his election, Prithiviraj stated, "This is a proud moment for FMSCI. We all have a common goal now and I am sure this powerful council can do wonders to motorsports in the country."
- NewsImage gallery: 2020 Mercedes-AMG GLC S 63 Coupe
- News2019 Bajaj Dominar 400 could be getting new colour options as shown in the latest TVC
- NewsImage gallery: 2020 Mercedes-AMG GLC 63
- NewsImage gallery: Bajaj Qute quadricycle Maharashtra launch
- News2019 New York International Auto Show: 2020 Mercedes Benz GLS flagship SUV unveiled
- Wedding Photography Symposium
- Sony Better Photography Wedding Photographer of the Year 2018-19 Awards Night
- Sony BP WPOY 2018-19: Top 10 in The Joy of Light by Photoquip