Jaguar E-Pace SUV to debut in UK on July 13, 2017
When we talk of Jaguars, it is usually the sedans as the SUV business is taken care of by Land Rover. Jaguar changed this perception by bringing their first SUV, the F-Pace. Apart from looking stunning, it also was one of the most successful offerings as it boosted Jaguar's sales by 83 per cent last year. And now the F-Pace is getting some company. Jaguar has confirmed a junior SUV that will be called E-Pace to take on the likes of the BMW X1 and the Audi Q3. The SUV will debut on July 13, 2017 during the popular 2017 Goodwood Festival Of Speed.
Jaguar teaser image
Let not the name E-Pace confuse you for it being an electric vehicle. That is the Jaguar I-Pace which is an all-electric five-seater sports car that will enter production in 2018. Coming back to the Jaguar E-Pace, it will be positioned below the F-Pace. In fact much lower than the F. Jaguar have gone ahead and announced the prices of the E-Pace that is £28,500 in the UK. This roughly translates to Rs 23.35 lakh without taxes and import duties, if you are thinking of getting one in India. For a similar pricing in UK, you can avail the Audi Q3 or even the BMW X1 SUV.
Ian Callum, director of design, Jaguar, commented, "The combination of sports car looks with Jaguar performance will ensure that the E-Pace stands out." While Jaguar has not let out much information on its upcoming SUV, the E-Pace, it states that the E-Pace will come with sports car-derived AWD technology. This we believe will be similar to that seen on the Range Rover Evoque. Additionally, the Jaguar E-Pace will be powered by an all-Ingenium line-up of petrol and diesel engines. It will also come with suite of connected technology and safety feature, mentioned the company.
Starts Rs 32.48 Lakhs
Starts Rs 34.5 Lakhs
Team OD | 17 May 2018
- NewsHarley-Davidson Fat Boy from Terminator 2 film to be auctioned for $ 200,000
- NewsImage Gallery: New Volvo XC40 SUV India debut
- NewsImage gallery: Pagani Huayra BC 'Macchina Volante' spotted in Geneva
- FeaturesPreview: 2018 Maruti Suzuki Ertiga
- NewsJaguar J-Pace flagship SUV to make global debut by 2021
- NewsYamaha Niken launched in UK at GBP 13,499
- NewsRemembering the 'Kentucky Kid' Nicky Hayden a year later
- NewsRenault to focus on few core models to build its India business
- NewsFuel prices in India at record high, petrol reaches Rs 84.70 per litre while diesel priced at Rs 72.48 per litre
- NewsHyundai India to hike prices of its cars by 2 per cent from June 2018