Jaguar E-Pace SUV to debut in UK on July 13, 2017
When we talk of Jaguars, it is usually the sedans as the SUV business is taken care of by Land Rover. Jaguar changed this perception by bringing their first SUV, the F-Pace. Apart from looking stunning, it also was one of the most successful offerings as it boosted Jaguar's sales by 83 per cent last year. And now the F-Pace is getting some company. Jaguar has confirmed a junior SUV that will be called E-Pace to take on the likes of the BMW X1 and the Audi Q3. The SUV will debut on July 13, 2017 during the popular 2017 Goodwood Festival Of Speed.
Jaguar teaser image
Let not the name E-Pace confuse you for it being an electric vehicle. That is the Jaguar I-Pace which is an all-electric five-seater sports car that will enter production in 2018. Coming back to the Jaguar E-Pace, it will be positioned below the F-Pace. In fact much lower than the F. Jaguar have gone ahead and announced the prices of the E-Pace that is £28,500 in the UK. This roughly translates to Rs 23.35 lakh without taxes and import duties, if you are thinking of getting one in India. For a similar pricing in UK, you can avail the Audi Q3 or even the BMW X1 SUV.
Ian Callum, director of design, Jaguar, commented, "The combination of sports car looks with Jaguar performance will ensure that the E-Pace stands out." While Jaguar has not let out much information on its upcoming SUV, the E-Pace, it states that the E-Pace will come with sports car-derived AWD technology. This we believe will be similar to that seen on the Range Rover Evoque. Additionally, the Jaguar E-Pace will be powered by an all-Ingenium line-up of petrol and diesel engines. It will also come with suite of connected technology and safety feature, mentioned the company.
Starts Rs 32.48 Lakhs
Starts Rs 34.5 Lakhs
- News2018 Ford Aspire facelift bookings open in India ahead of launch
- NewsMotoGP 2018: Marc Marquez claims Aragon GP victory
- NewsTVS StaR City+ launched in new grey-black paint option at Rs 52,907
- NewsSkoda appoints Pavel Richter as production technical director of its India 2.0 project
- NewsImage gallery: Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 and Continental GT 650 riding gear and apparel
- NewsImage gallery: Royal Enfield Continental GT 650 and Interceptor 650 accessories
- OpinionOn OVERDRIVE turning twenty...
- Review2018 Lexus ES 300h first drive review
- NewsThe OVERDRIVE 24 Hours Performance Run is coming your way this weekend
- NewsFerrari lays out plans till 2022, will build 'Purosangue' SUV