Jaguar F-Type coupe coming to Auto Expo 2014
Jaguar will be showcasing the gorgeous F-Type coupe at the upcoming 2014 Auto Expo. The car that was unveiled internationally towards the end of 2013 will make its Indian debut at the Auto Expo 2014. The launch can be expected at the Auto Expo or shortly thereafter.
The F-Type coupe is not the only sportscar to be launched in India though in 2014. Here is a list of what other sportcars are coming to India in 2014.
The car is essentially the same as the F-Type convertible that is already on sale here with the exception of the fixed roof. The F-Type convertible is already a very good looking car, and while this is purely subjective, we happen to think the coupe looks even better. The roof features a striking glass construction that appears to stretch all the way to the end of the rear windscreen. The fixed roof also helps establish a more flowing side profile and strong rear haunches.
Jaguar F-Type coupe
The coupe will come in three versions just like its convertible sibling. The base V6 uses the same 3.0-litre supercharged V6 that makes 340PS. The next version is the V6 S which makes 380PS. The final version however leaves a bit of a surprise.
Where the range topping convertible V8 S used a 495PS supercharged V8, the coupe gets a more powerful 550PS version of the same engine. This is the same snarling V8 that's in the barking mad XKR-S we drove a few months ago. The higher power earns it the 'V8 R' moniker.
Jaguar is thankfully not following the format of Porsche with their Cayman, and is pricing the coupe cheaper than the convertible. We expect about a Rs 5-7 lakh difference in the price between equivalent convertible and hard top models.
Starts Rs 90.93 Lakhs
- Review2019 Triumph Speed Twin first ride review
- NewsSkoda India and Volkswagen Group India inaugurate new tech centre under India 2.0
- OpinionWhy the makers do it
- News2019 BMW R 1250 GS launched in India at Rs 16.85 lakh, ex-showroom
- News2019 Toyota Camry Hybrid launched at Rs 36.95 lakh, ex-showroom
- The Forum Art Gallery Residency
- The Hindu Photojournalism Awards
- Book Review: The Red Cat and Other Stories | Ritesh Uttamchandani