Jaguar F-Type coupe coming to Auto Expo 2014
Jaguar will be showcasing the gorgeous F-Type coupe at the upcoming 2014 Auto Expo. The car that was unveiled internationally towards the end of 2013 will make its Indian debut at the Auto Expo 2014. The launch can be expected at the Auto Expo or shortly thereafter.
The F-Type coupe is not the only sportscar to be launched in India though in 2014. Here is a list of what other sportcars are coming to India in 2014.
The car is essentially the same as the F-Type convertible that is already on sale here with the exception of the fixed roof. The F-Type convertible is already a very good looking car, and while this is purely subjective, we happen to think the coupe looks even better. The roof features a striking glass construction that appears to stretch all the way to the end of the rear windscreen. The fixed roof also helps establish a more flowing side profile and strong rear haunches.
Jaguar F-Type coupe
The coupe will come in three versions just like its convertible sibling. The base V6 uses the same 3.0-litre supercharged V6 that makes 340PS. The next version is the V6 S which makes 380PS. The final version however leaves a bit of a surprise.
Where the range topping convertible V8 S used a 495PS supercharged V8, the coupe gets a more powerful 550PS version of the same engine. This is the same snarling V8 that's in the barking mad XKR-S we drove a few months ago. The higher power earns it the 'V8 R' moniker.
Jaguar is thankfully not following the format of Porsche with their Cayman, and is pricing the coupe cheaper than the convertible. We expect about a Rs 5-7 lakh difference in the price between equivalent convertible and hard top models.
Starts Rs 1.29 Crore
- News2018 Toyota Land Cruiser Prado facelift launched in India at Rs 92.6 lakh
- News2018 Jeep Compass Trailhawk SUV bookings open across India
- NewsMaruti Suzuki Desert Storm: A look back
- News2018 Ford EcoSport Titanium+ petrol with 5-speed manual option launched in India for Rs 10.47 lakh
- News2018 Yamaha Ray-ZR launched with four new colours in India at Rs 53,451
- NewsRoyal Enfield Interceptor 650 and Continental GT 650 reach Australia for display, India launch later in 2018
- NewsMahindra Adventure season 8 calendar for 2018 announced
- News2018 Mahindra XUV500 facelift to be launched in April
- News2018 Honda CB Shine SP, Livo, and Dream Yuga commuter motorcycles launched in India
- News2018 Honda CBR250R launched in India at Rs 1.63 lakh