Jaguar F-Type Coupe is the 2015 CNBC TV18 OVERDRIVE Performance Car Of The Year
"The F-Type was surreal lots of grip, even more power and a noise to wake the dead." This is what our principal correspondent Rishaad Mody had to say after the road test of the R Coupe version of the car, which went into print in our October issue under the headline 'Arkham's finest'. With a "mental" 550PS on tap from the supercharged V8, the car went on to beat the likes of the M siblings from BMW, the legendary Porsche 911 Turbo and wait for it the Lamborghini Huracan. Also in the mix were the Audi RS7 and the Mercedes.
The Jaguar Coupe
While its contenders brought some serious competition to the table the Huracan commands a terrifying 610PS making V10 engine and the Porsche takes only 3.1 seconds for a 0 to 100kmph sprint the F-Type Coupe held its own with its spellbinding performance on the racetrack. So with practicality and efficiency out of the equation, the F-Type got our vote for the superb sportscar experience, luxurious feel and of course its mad, mad performance.
Read all about the CNBC TV18 OVERDRIVE award winners in the other categories:
Starts Rs 90.93 Lakhs
Starts Rs 30.5 Lakhs
Starts Rs 8.77 Lakhs
Starts Rs 5.43 Lakhs
Starts Rs 3.7 Crore
Starts Rs 31.72 Lakhs
Starts Rs 1.38 Crore
Starts Rs 2,44,735
Starts Rs 80,929
- FeaturesIndian Election Campaign Vehicles (IECV)
- NewsHyundai Venue: How does it stack up against the competition?
- NewsLimited edition Aston Martin DBS 59 pays homage to the company's 1959 win at Le Mans
- NewsTata Altroz spotted on test in Mumbai - India launch soon
- NewsImage gallery: 2020 Mercedes-AMG GLC S 63 Coupe
- Wedding Photography Symposium
- Sony Better Photography Wedding Photographer of the Year 2018-19 Awards Night
- Sony BP WPOY 2018-19: Top 10 in The Joy of Light by Photoquip