Jaguar F-Type now available with 2.0-litre Ingenium petrol, starting at Rs 90.93 lakh
Jaguar Land Rover has launched the F-Type sports car with the 2.0-litre Ingenium petrol motor in India at Rs 90.93 lakh for the coupe and Rs 1.01 crore for the convertible. This is the new entry point for the F-Type range and sits below the V6 models.
The Ingenium petrol has already made its debut in a few Jaguar Land Rover products in the country, but the version seen on the F-Type is its most powerful iteration yet, putting out 300PS and 400Nm. This gives the 2.0-litre version a top-speed of 250 kmph and a 0 to 100 kmph time of 5.4s. A significant weight reduction of 52 kg has been achieved due to the smaller engine as well, mostly over the front axle.
Other changes setting this car apart from the bigger-engined F-Types are an altered steering set up and new spring-rates to compensate for the loss in weight. A new centrally mounted active exhaust distinguishes this from other F-types, R-Dynamic variants feature a switchable active exhaust.
The Ingenium-powered sports car sits at the diametrically opposite end of the F-Type range when seen with the recently launched F-Type SVR. Jaguar will hope to widen the appeal of the F-Type with this variant. This motor should make the F-Type a viable proposition for buyers looking for a sports car that is easier to live with on a daily basis. One without the intimidation of the V8 but with the good looks staying intact.
This launch also comes close on the heels of a new showroom that the carmaker has opened in Poonamallee, Chennai. The new facility by VST Grandeur is spread across 2,318m and comes equipped with 17 service bays and an integrated service workshop. Rohit Suri, managing director, Jaguar Land Rover India said that they were committed to easing accessibility for their customers to Jaguar and Land Rover products within Chennai with this new dealership.
Starts Rs 90.93 Lakhs
- NewsDucati Dream Tour Rajasthan to be held from February 1 to 5, 2019
- News2018 INRC: Gaurav Gill claims championship title with Popular Rally victory
- News2019 Ford Figo facelift spotted testing undisguised
- NewsUpdated Force Gurkha Xtreme launched at Rs 12.99 lakh
- NewsKTM working on a bigger and better RC390, to take on Yamaha R3 and Kawasaki Ninja 400
- NewsHyundai QXi sub-four meter SUV spotted testing in South Korea
- NewsLambretta EV to be launched in India in 2020
- News2019 Toyota Camry hybrid to launch in India on January 18
- News2019 Bajaj Platina 110 launched at Rs 47,197
- News2019 Mercedes-Benz CLA teased ahead of debut next month at CES 2019