Jaguar F-Type SVR bookings open in India, priced at Rs 2.65 crore (ex-showroom India)
Jaguar Land Rover announced today that the company has started accepting bookings for its flagship sports car, the Jaguar F-Type SVR in India. It is available in both coupe and convertible form, starting at Rs 2.65 crore (ex-showroom India)
The Jaguar F-Type SVR gets powered by the same supercharged 5.0-litre V8 that also drives the F-Type R. However, the new car, which we drove recently, has been worked on by JLR's Special Vehicle Operations and F-Type SVR's engine now makes a higher 567PS of power and 700Nm of torque compared to the F-Type R's 542PS and 680Nm. The engine comes mated to an 8-speed automatic gearbox and power gets sent to all wheels. The F-Type SVR can accelerate from 0-100kmph in 3.7 seconds and gets to a top speed of 322 kmph.
Other changes to set this car apart are the lightweight titanium and inconel exhaust system that saves 16 kg. New 20-inch alloy wheels save a further 13.8 kg, while the use of a new, larger rear bearing enables an increased stiffness of up to 37 % higher than the conventional F-Type. The F-Type SVR gets new Pirelli P-Zero tyres which are 10mm wider. The SVR also gets lightweight magnesium construction seats which save 8 kgs more.
Starts Rs 1.29 Crore
- News2018 VW Ameo Cup: Dhruv Mohite wins Race 1 at season-opener at Kari Motor Speedway
- NewsIndian National Racing Championship 2018: Round 2 free practice sees Arjun Balu make a successful return
- NewsVideo worth watching: Climb Dance - Ari Vatanen's 1988 record run at Pikes Peak
- News2018 VW Ameo Cup: Racing action begins at Kari Motor Speedway this weekend
- NewsSkoda takes responsibility for development of Volkswagen's low-cost small car platform in India
- NewsMahindra Racing to preview Gen2 Formula E car at CarFest South Festival
- NewsVolkswagen Motorsport India-developed TC4-A cars to compete in National Racing Championship
- News2018 Mitsubishi Outlander SUV launched in India at Rs 31.54 lakh
- NewsRecent trademark filing suggests Mercedes-AMG C 53 in the works
- News2018 Ford Figo sedan revealed in South Africa