Jaguar Land Rover India registers 45 per cent growth between Jan-Mar 2016
Jaguar Land Rover India have announced that they have grown by 45 per cent in Q4 of FY 2015-16. The company was able to sell 1,000 units in this time period, primarily due to the success of the newly launched XE and Discovery Sport. The Jaguar XE marks the company's first foray into the compact executive segment. It comes with a 2.0-litre turbocharged petrol engine available in two power tunes, one producing 200PS and 320Nm of torque, while the latter produces 240PS and 340Nm of torque.
The Discovery Sport is a more compact version of the Discovery, competing with the likes of the Audi Q5 and BMW X3. It comes with a 2.2-litre turbocharged diesel motor, producing 150PS and 400Nm of torque.
"The Jaguar and Land Rover brands are now firmly established in India. The All-New Jaguar XE, which we introduced in the Indian market in February 2016 in petrol derivatives, has received a tremendous response. Also, the demand for Model Year 2016 Jaguar XJ, Range Rover Evoque and Discovery Sport continues to be extremely robust. We thank our esteemed customers for choosing Jaguar Land Rover and making this strong growth possible." says Rohit Suri, president of Jaguar Land Rover India.
The future certainly seems to be bright for the resurrected British brand.
Starts Rs 53.25 Lakhs
Starts Rs 49.1 Lakhs
Starts Rs 35.85 Lakhs
Starts Rs 99.56 Lakhs
Team OD | 12 Feb 2018
Team OD | 19 Feb 2018
- NewsImage gallery: Honda CBR1000RR Fireblade
- NewsWRC 2018: Hyundai's Thierry Neuville victorious at Rally Sweden
- NewsImage gallery: Honda Clarity fuel cell FCV
- NewsImage gallery: Yamaha M-Slaz
- NewsImage gallery: TVS Creon concept
- NewsMaharashtra government announces tax exemption for electric vehicles
- News2018 Toyota Yaris Cross hatchback details revealed
- NewsPorsche to invest $ 7.4 billion by 2022 towards electric vehicles
- NewsImage gallery: TVS Apache RTR 200 Fi Ethanol
- NewsImage gallery: Mahindra Thar Wanderlust SUV at the 2018 Auto Expo