Jaguar Land Rover India registers 45 per cent growth between Jan-Mar 2016
Jaguar Land Rover India have announced that they have grown by 45 per cent in Q4 of FY 2015-16. The company was able to sell 1,000 units in this time period, primarily due to the success of the newly launched XE and Discovery Sport. The Jaguar XE marks the company's first foray into the compact executive segment. It comes with a 2.0-litre turbocharged petrol engine available in two power tunes, one producing 200PS and 320Nm of torque, while the latter produces 240PS and 340Nm of torque.
The Discovery Sport is a more compact version of the Discovery, competing with the likes of the Audi Q5 and BMW X3. It comes with a 2.2-litre turbocharged diesel motor, producing 150PS and 400Nm of torque.
"The Jaguar and Land Rover brands are now firmly established in India. The All-New Jaguar XE, which we introduced in the Indian market in February 2016 in petrol derivatives, has received a tremendous response. Also, the demand for Model Year 2016 Jaguar XJ, Range Rover Evoque and Discovery Sport continues to be extremely robust. We thank our esteemed customers for choosing Jaguar Land Rover and making this strong growth possible." says Rohit Suri, president of Jaguar Land Rover India.
The future certainly seems to be bright for the resurrected British brand.
Starts Rs 53.25 Lakhs
Starts Rs 60.5 Lakhs
Starts Rs 44.98 Lakhs
Starts Rs 1.11 Crore
- News2020 Honda X-Blade BSVI launched in India at Rs 1.05 lakh
- News2020 Honda City RS turbo-petrol under consideration for India
- NewsYamaha to offer special finance scheme for frontline warriors of COVID19
- NewsBSVI petrol 2020 Land Rover Discovery Sport and Range Rover Evoque launched in India, prices start from Rs 57.99 lakh
- NewsFour-wheeler launches that took place in India during COVID19
- Digitising Text
- Abstract | Winners and Honourable Mentions
- BP Tip of the Day: Getting Out of a Creative Block