Jaguar Land Rover scouting for international automaker acquisitions
Ahead of their all-new brand unveil of the Road Rover as well as electric vehicles in 2019-2020, Tata Motors-owned Jaguar Land Rover is said to be scouting for international automaker acquisitions. It is said that rising competition is the main reason why Jaguar Land Rover is looking at tying up or either buy other automakers. Jaguar Land Rover isn't averse to even buying technology companies which will help them boost their electric vehicle roll out plan as well as bring synergies to the autonomous driving technologies. Purchasing other luxury marques too isn't out of the question as it will help JLR diversify into various segments where it isn't present. Tata Motors is said to have supported this decision by Jaguar Land Rover and if at all deal happens, it will be the first for both the companies after Tata Motors acquired JLR. It is said that Tata Motors gets as much as 70 per cent of the Rs 39,760 crore cash that it has from its luxury arm.
The Jaguar Future-Type like a lot of the autonomous electric concepts we see, looks like nothing we've seen before
Jaguar Land Rover plans to sell its i-PACE SUV from next year. The company says it has already got around 25,000 orders and it is likely that there will be a waiting period given the high bookings. There is also the Future-Type concept that too is an electric autonomous vehicle and is expected to hit production soon.
- NewsSkoda takes responsibility for development of Volkswagen's low-cost small car platform in India
- NewsMahindra Racing to preview Gen2 Formula E car at CarFest South Festival
- NewsVolkswagen Motorsport India-developed TC4-A cars to compete in National Racing Championship
- News2018 Mitsubishi Outlander SUV launched in India at Rs 31.54 lakh
- NewsRecent trademark filing suggests Mercedes-AMG C 53 in the works
- News2018 Ford Figo sedan revealed in South Africa
- NewsSuzuki Motorcycle India launches Helmet for Life road safety campaign
- NewsPorsche buys 10% stake in EV supercar-maker Rimac
- FeaturesOn test at OVERDRIVE: Grand Pitstop paddock stand
- NewsWorld Ducati Week: Bayliss, Lorenzo, Dovizioso to battle it out in Race of Champions