Jaguar Land Rovers InControl app integrates smartphone display with car infotainment
Jaguar Land Rover India in association with Bosch has launched a new mobile application, the InControl App which renders the exact layout of the smartphone display on to the car infotainment screen.
The new app will be available in the 2016 editions of Range Rover, Range Rover Sport and Land Rover Discovery Sport. It is available on Google Play Store for android and on App Store for iOS users. The main idea behind launching this app is mainly to avoid driver distraction and integrate the popular features seen on a smartphone with the car's infotainment system.
Rohit Suri, President, Jaguar Land Rover India Ltd (JLRIL), said: "InControlTM Apps will enhance the overall luxury experience of our vehicles and provide technology savvy customers a more convenient option to access their favorite apps. This is an exciting new technology addition to Land Rover vehicles, which have already become popular for their design, performance, craftsmanship and luxury credentials."
There are a total of nine apps which users can access on the system cloud by connecting their smartphone to the infotainment system using USB. The reason for that is to make sure the device is in charging mode whenever connected. The apps available cater to news feed, navigation, music, Zomato, Glympse etc. The InControl App will come as standard on the above mentioned models without an extra cost. Surprisingly, the present version doesn't feature any social media apps such as Facebook and Twitter. For more information, please read the press release attached below.
Starts Rs 71.38 Lakhs
- News2019 Bajaj Platina 110 launched at Rs 47,197
- News2019 Mercedes-Benz CLA teased ahead of debut next month at CES 2019
- Features35 years of the Maruti 800: A social icon
- NewsMore spy images emerge of upcoming 2019 Renault RBC seven-seater MPV
- NewsOkinawa i-Praise electric scooter pre-bookings begin at Rs 5,000
- News2020 Mahindra Thar off-roader spotted testing under camoflage
- NewsJawa Motorcycles opens its first two dealerships in Pune
- NewsINRC 2018: Popular Rally in Kochi to see three-way champonship tussle
- NewsDucati enters pre-owned motorcycle segment in India with Ducati Approved
- FeaturesTata Harrier: Things you will like