Jaguar to launch the F-Pace SUV in India by end of 2016
Jaguar showcased the F-Pace, a sporty crossover based on the XE platform, at the 2016 Auto Expo. Jaguar's foray into the SUV space is a departure from its tradition of premium sedans. With an intention to push sales volumes and compete aggressively with the German counterparts, Jaguar will launch the F-Pace in India by the end of 2016.
The Jaguar F-Pace was first unveiled at the 2015 Frankfurt Show. Interestingly, the design language on the sporty crossover is similar to the one seen on Jaguar's sedans. The F-Pace is based on the C-X17 concept and gets some of the design features from the F-Type - specifically the rear haunches, fender vents and tail lights. The interior too will resemble the sedans.
Jaguar will offer the F-Pace with the same powertrains as the XE. The range consists of a 2.0-litre diesel motor that makes 180PS of power and will be offered in the manual transmission rear wheel drive, all-wheel drive versions and automatic all-wheel drive variants. In addition, there is a 2.0-litre petrol motor that makes 240PS of power. The higher displacement 3.0-litre diesel that makes 300PS of power will be offered in the automatic all-wheel drive variants while the 3.0-litre petrol automatic will be offered in two states of tune - 340PS and 380PS.
Jaguar is most likely to position the F-Pace at the premium end of the range and might price it close to the Range Rover. More details will surface at the launch.
Starts Rs 70.67 Lakhs
Team OD | 12 Feb 2018
- NewsImage gallery: Mahindra Thar Wanderlust SUV at the 2018 Auto Expo
- NewsImage gallery: Honda Sports EV concept at the Auto Expo 2018
- NewsImage gallery: Tata Tigor and Tiago JTP showcased at 2018 Auto Expo
- NewsImage gallery: 2018 Yamaha YZF-R15 v3
- NewsImage gallery: 2018 Yamaha YZF-R6
- NewsImage gallery: Yamaha MT-09 Tracer and MT-09 Tracer GT
- NewsImage gallery: Mahindra Stinger concept at the Auto Expo 2018
- NewsAuto Expo 2018: Tamo Racemo showcased, image gallery
- NewsImage gallery: 2018 Honda Civic
- NewsImage gallery: Yamaha MT-10